Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but in Aotearoa, we have a hub in Auckland that we call home to our local operations. And with that, you have choice in how and where you work. That means if you want to do your thing at our Auckland hub (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
Canva is among the fastest growing companies on Earth and we are investing rapidly in all of our priority areas. As the Product Manager for Canva’s Design & Productivity Capabilities, you will have the opportunity to 10x scale a major platform, while leveraging the experience and resources of the wider Canva business. This will provide tremendous upside potential for you to grow and develop.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Developing and owning the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Design and Productivity APIs for our third-party app developer ecosystem
- Partnering with Engineering, Product, and Group leadership across Canva product teams to ensure close alignment between Apps SDK APIs and the growth objectives of key existing and emerging products across Canva
- Engaging with third-party developers (large partners, startups, and indies) and driving adoption of APIs and overall developer satisfaction
- Understanding the competitive positioning of our APIs in major markets and ensure we maintain a strong position that aligns with our business principles
You're probably a match if you have:
- Experience as a product manager of a software product (with platform or integrations experience a huge plus) launching and landing high-quality products
- Exposure to working directly with API’s, CLI’s etc.
- You understand more than just the fundamentals of good UX, loves Canva’s seamless and simple design and is going to be ruthless in protecting that.
- Experience working across all phases of the SDLC and understand both the excitement and challenges that developers face at each phase
- Proven experience working cross-functionally and leading through influence, not necessarily through authority
- Software engineering background or experience as a Product Manager working on APIs and developer ecosystems
About the team
Canva’s Ecosystem Supergroup was formed in 2021, unifying Canva’s developer ecosystem investments, to create an abundant (app and developer) ecosystem that tailors Canva for each user.
In June 2023 we launched the next generation developer platform, called the Canva Apps SDK , to provide developers flexibility in creating innovative app experiences within Canva. Today we have over 1000 developers who are actively engaged with our app platform, with millions of users engaging with these apps.
The Design and Productivity Capabilities teams work to develop APIs that enable developers to create unique apps that enhance how users can design on Canva. Some recent apps which use APIs built by this team include: Neiro AI , CanWave and Typecraft .
We are seeking an individual who will work closely with our Apps Platform Group Leads, Ecosystem Product, Engineering, Design, and Partnerships leadership to ensure the Canva API's success, growth, and adoption, while maintaining alignment with existing and upcoming products. You will shape the strategy and roadmap, delivering critical APIs and features, and working alongside a cross-functional team to shape the future of Apps on Canva.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.