Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At Canva, our mission is to empower the world to design, and we’re looking for insightful data analysts who can help us make that happen.
We're looking for self-motivated individuals who are curious about our product and our users, and who are excited to seek out valuable insights. We don’t want you to just be a resource that answers questions - we want you to act as a genuine data partner with your team and the broader business. We have a LOT of data and need people who can use their skills to help us make the most of it!
User Help Experience is a Group within User Voice Supergroup. You’ll be coming into a diverse data team of 14 people, who really do enjoy finding answers to the problems that our users have. We’re looking forward to continuing to grow our team and gaining a range of new perspectives and ideas on how we can achieve our goals and help more people.
This role will rely on your particular strengths in building out data-driven decisions, communicating closely with stakeholders, and organising your fellow data team members such that the data attitude in this space is highly proactive.
- The role will act as a driver of data strategy in this group and will coordinate closely with the User Help Experience leaders.
- It will require close coordination with several stakeholders and a real sense of drive and initiative to keep things moving. Nobody tells you what to do; you identify the opportunities where your team can make the largest impact and you see it through.
- Comfortable influencing and rallying people in matrixed environment (dotted line responsibilities).The team is composed of Data Scientists and sometimes Analytics Engineers. The role may evolve to directly manage people in the future.
- Manage project intake, pipeline, prioritize, and manage staffing against key initiatives.
- Although you are a technical guru, you also have people skills and know how to coordinate a team, align with stakeholders, and organise a data strategy in your particular area.
- Find insights that help us understand both Canva and our customers - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks
- Suggest and run interesting experiments that will actually move our metrics - when we push tests to 100% we want to actually see the bump in the relevant graph
- Build and maintain dashboards for your group’s initiatives, and make them look really good - you don’t need to be a designer or have any design talent, you just need to want to build cool things
- Own projects, data models, dashboards, and other artefacts and keep them up-to-date and high quality in a hypergrowth environment
- Use our giant databases to answer the sort of questions that sound really simple but turn out to be challenging (and fun!)
- Help us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company
- Demonstrable experience influencing data specialists, defining team strategy, and data roadmaps.
- Background in strategy or entrepreneurship is a big plus. We want someone that can help non technical stakeholders connect the dots and provide insights into the business strategy.
- Comfortable working with UX research to tie qualitative and quantitative data together
- Strong competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery is a plus!
- Experience wrangling and analysing data using Python or R
- Experience with optimising product funnels, running experiments, and building dashboards that effectively communicate results and outcomes
- A grounding in mathematics / statistics and a bachelor's degree in a STEM area is preferred; but not required
- Experience with very large data sets is a huge plus, but not required
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas. Stakeholder management skills are vital in this role.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
If you're a passionate data analyst seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.