Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you'd be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:.
- Working closely with leads, designers, analysts, product managers, and engineers to build features and product experiments for our users that help us achieving our critical goals
- Design, develop and launch product experiments and solutions. Working closely with other team members to plan and take follow-up actions, such as productization, termination, or working on the next iteration of the experiment
- Building tools and frameworks that help us rapidly and effectively conduct experiments across different parts of the Canva app
- Communicate effectively with collaborators across Canva when developing a solution; seek and incorporate diverse perspectives to address complex issues
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and effectively advocate for engineering needs to non-technical partners within the group
- Models initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Work with Machine Learning engineers to build personalisation experiments that empower our users to get the most out of Canva
You're probably a match if
- You are firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- You work collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- You have experience with TypeScript (or other typed languages)
- You have the ability to write reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- You have experience in React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- You’ve got experience in A/B testing and Experiment Driven Development
- You have experience working with product growth teams is a bonus!
- You’ve got experience and knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development
- You’ve developing Java backends
- You have experience developing mobile App
About the team
Responsible for supercharging the growth of Canva Pro and Canva for Teams, Canva’s most significant revenue contributors with millions of subscribers, the Monetisation group is deeply rooted within the Growth supergroup. We own the strategy and roadmap to empower anyone to experience the full value of Canva Pro and Canva for Teams, be it through seamless upgrade flows, localised subscription offerings or personalised onboarding experiences.
We do everything from conducting research & analysis to accelerate monetisation internationally to introducing users to new paid features and enabling existing subscribers to make the most of their subscription.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Software Engineer - Abbie Wade has to say about working in Engineering at Canva -
"The challenges that I am solving do not have a known solution, which means I get to create and innovate each day."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.