About the China Group
Canva China is a group of over 150+ people spanning from engineering, product, design, and operations, and is supported by our Sydney Headquarters. With all the product features and improvements, we're rolling out at an immense scale.
About the Trust & Safety Group
People only create in places they trust, and the Trust & Safety group’s vision is that Canva is the world’s most trusted platform for safe design. In our mission to safeguard our community, we work with a lot of efforts to prevent and mitigate incidents that could compromise the trust people have in Canva, from adult content to child abuse material, misinformation to hate speech, phishing, spam, bots, account takeovers, and other abuse vectors.
Abusive content and behaviour is not only directly against our values, it hurts our business as well. We create crucial detection, review, and moderation services to understand and address Canva’s complex and changing world. Some of the biggest changes we need to address are the continuously growing international user base, content and usage types, new features, regulatory requirements, and evolving abuse vectors.
About the Security Group
The Security Group is responsible for protecting Canva systems and data from information security threats. Our teams work together, and with other groups, to deliver preventive and detective controls and processes that reduce security risk. The group runs programs across Identity and Access Management, Application Security, Risk Management, and Threat Detection and Response domains.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers, and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.
As a Security & Trust Product Manager, you will adapt this approach to treat (the enforcement of) our Security & Trust Policy & Process as your product.
What you’ll do
- You'll lead all aspects of Canva China's Content Moderation product/operation and information security management system.
- You'll develop and own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Canva China Content Moderation, including user-generated content and publicly published Canva China corporate content (including UI).
- You’ll identify requirements, collaborating with cross-functional teams, including China product and engineering, Global Trust & Safety product and engineering, and Global Security engineering.
- You’ll prioritise the backlog, development sprints, and incoming requests for the team
- You’ll mentor and manage a small team of full-time moderators and a 3rd party outsourced team through a partner firm.
- You’ll develop and refine China Content Moderation enforcement guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOP) to maximise impact, such as efficient task handling.
- You’ll ensure Canva’s values and policies are consistently applied in the moderation of user-generated content and publicly published Canva China corporate content.
- You’ll provide subject matter expert support to Canva China for information security audits and certification projects, such as the annual cyber security certificate audit.
- You’ll engage with people from all parts of Canva China to identify risks and design risk treatment plans.
- You’ll perform risk and security assessments for new and existing vendors.
- You’ll be the primary go-to person for all questions related to Canva China Security & Trust.
- You’ll be an escalation point for all Canva China content moderation incidents and security breaches.
What we're looking for
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience as a Product Manager in the tech/SaaS industry, with proven experience in content moderation, ideally with proven experience in IT operational risk and in working with globally distributed teams.
- You have experience crafting and enforcing T&S and moderation guidelines with the ability to not only define the rules, regulations, and goals but also build a framework that aligns with Canva’s values.
- You have a passion for keeping Canva China’s business and users safe from violated content and security risks.
- You are familiar with China's information security and privacy regulations (Multi-Level Protection Scheme, China Data Security Law, Personal Information Protection Law).
- You are comfortable managing and developing a team with empathy and understanding.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin and English.
- You can speak the language of engineering, data, design, operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- You are an innovator who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get into the weeds.
- You are skilled in balancing long-term vision and strategy with timely delivery of outcomes that bring us closer to that vision.
- You are data-driven but comfortable moving forward even if we don’t have all the information available to us, balancing first-principles reasoning with the data that we do have at hand.
- You have experience prioritising and progressing multiple tasks and projects.
- You have a high level of attention to detail.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratize design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture, and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since Canva’s launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing 125 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 15 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but our hubs in Beijing and Wuhan are home to our operations in China. Our China hubs have been designed with you in mind - a space for you to come together and connect with your team, both near and far. With delicious breakfast and lunch meals provided (and with plenty of snacks), you'll always stay fuelled to take on the day. Zoom the Sydney team with tea and biscuit? You got it!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.