Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
About the Technical Program Managers
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! Since growing to a worldwide team of over 4,000 we need to work effectively together and improve our delivery ability as we scale, which is where our Technical Program Managers come in.
As a Technical Program Manager, it is your mission to work closely with senior managers and product development teams to build a sustainable culture of positive urgency in delivery. You will lead complex, multi-disciplinary programs and be equally comfortable working with leadership to set strategic goals and clarify priorities, as you are with teams to communicate program status, escalate issues and manage dependencies as you are discussing technical trade-offs with an engineer.
About the Teams and Education (T&E) SuperGroup
We have launched multiple SaaS products tailored to the needs of some of our biggest audiences; Canva Pro, Canva for Enterprise, Canva for NFPs, and Canva for Education.
The T&E SuperGroup is involved in the success of these products, which have millions of customers in almost every country around the world and which drive much of Canva’s revenue. In T&E, we perform everything from crafting and building outstanding product experiences, our GTM strategies to launch them, commercial partnerships, global distribution strategies, and so much more.
We strive to further grow these products by ten fold globally over the next few years. The SuperGroup is made up of 4 Groups, 15 teams and almost 200 diverse Canvanauts who work together to delight our users with our tailored products and help Canva to achieve its user and growth goals.
This role will be part of the T&E SuperGroup leadership team working in close partnership with the SuperGroup, Engineering and Design lead. The role will coach a team of 5 TPMs that are part the groups inside T&E. You thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment, working with Product, Design, Marketing, Sales, Data and everyone else in between to solve the highest impact problems for our users and Canva’s business. Continually learning and adapting, you strive to grow yourself and those around you. You love to take green-field opportunities and build solutions & processes to solve them. Living and breathing all things growth, you make data-informed, strategic decisions and deliver.
What you’ll be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
- Be the driving force for creating a sustainable culture of delivery in a fast paced environment
- Influence, guide and steer a broad cross functional set of stakeholders in delivery of a large portfolio of strategic programs.
- Monitor and track delivery status across multiple groups , teams and cross functional programs
- Partner with our Operations team and lead on matauring our processes, communications and leadership engagement.
- Promote accountability towards creating a sense positive urgency in delivery across the groups and teams
- Manage open issues relating to program delivery
- Assess and manage portfolio risks, issues and decisions
- Leading a high performing team of TPMs driving sustainable practices across the Super Group
- Coach, mentor and guide a team of TPMs through effective growth practices, direct coaching conversations and Canva people processes
- Manage dependencies across multiple Super Groups and Groups
- Facilitate effective, timely and transparent group and program decision making practices
- Ensure an appropriate degree of consistency in planning, documentation and core practices across teams to ensure meaningful velocity and promote our ability to scale how teams work across Canva
- Facilitate continual improvement rituals to build the effectiveness of product development and engineering teams
- Build a culture and environment to achieve excellence and innovation
- Build partnerships with cross-functional teams to influence decisions, drive alignment and prioritisation
- Partner with the TPM specialty to help codify and build the TPM craft and practice
Experience you’ll need
- Deep understanding of product development processes and their application across a large delivery organization
- Knowledgeable in technical concepts and an ability to apply them to technical spaces.
- Experience leading and influencing Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver key company strategic initiatives
- Experience in scaling mature delivery practices across a high growth organization
- A understanding of common B2B Vs B2C GTM approaches and opportunities
- Happy working with Sales and Marketing leaders on creating compelling GTM plans
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Experience in coaching and growing a high performance teams
- A natural communicator who leads through influence, not authority
- A love for navigating complexity and tackling ambiguous problems
- Leading with Data, creating compelling stories in partnership with the data and product leads
- Process-oriented systems thinker but flexible in approach
- Motivated to provide an inclusive and psychologically safe environment for our diverse team to collaborate together, in a timely fashion, towards shared goals
- Introspective focus to continually improve the effectiveness of Canva’s teams
- Leadership capability to ensure clarity, alignment and accountability to achieve our crazy big goals
- Ability to think strategically but also able to make crazy big goals happen. This role will be very hands-on!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.