Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time-consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
Our Creative Production team is searching for experienced Freelance Motion Designers with Illustration skills, based in Japan. This Hybrid Animator/Illustrator role will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative studio, producing beautiful motion and animated elements for our library. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in defining how motion looks at Canva, deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns and the chance to create elegant, on-trend motion graphics and animations
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
What you'll do...
- Produce animated assets and stickers in different styles according to the brief given by the Canva team
- Work to high-quality illustration standards
- Following production processes and requirements
- Working on a timeline (coordinated through our Monday board & and Slack)
- Accept feedback and open to reworking if the brief is not met
We'd love it if you have...
- Prior experience with design, illustration, and animation with an online portfolio of motion graphics work
- Have strong technical skills, and are able to work proficiently in After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of design, illustration, and animation
- Are comfortable in designing and animating vector characters and/or typography
- Have a passion for creating well-designed, usable animated graphics in different styles
- Have a desire to learn new techniques and technology to advance your craft
- Have a strong eye for quality and details. Not a must, but it will be extra awesome if you'd have experience in 3D Animation (Blender, Cinema4D, or other 3D rendering software)
- Are able to receive and interpret feedback, and meet tight deadlines
- Have own equipment: Computer/Laptop (with hi-res screen preferable) and high-speed internet
To apply, please submit
- Your resume
- Your updated portfolio
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.