Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, hello, hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Leading the Data Pipeline team across a diverse scope of responsibilities.
- Building an impactful & highly engaged team to best support the evolution of Canva’s data platform.
- Defining and evolving Canva’s data pipeline capabilities and practices, building exceptional and robust data pipeline & tooling capabilities that incorporate data governance and data management principles and controls.
- Collaborating and engaging across all super groups and specialties in Canva to support their data needs, and align on priorities and roadmap.
You're probably a match if:
- You have relevant experience in coaching & leading teams, preferably in the data pipeline domain.
- You've got experience in building and leading a large scale central and distributed data specialty.
- You have hands-on experience in general data engineering (python/R, SQL), data warehouses and specifically in building and evolving data pipeline capabilities.
- You have built strategies and roadmaps for data pipeline & tooling across a large modern business with a solid understanding in data governance and data management.
- You have the ability to communicate highly complex information in clear and simple language and to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way.
- You have proven strategic & long-term thinking with pragmatic excellence in execution.
About the team
The Data super group at Canva is responsible for building Canva’s innovative data infrastructure, platforms and services that enable Canva to deliver high impact outcomes to our customers and our business. We support all of Canva, both business operations and product development, across data warehousing, machine learning, insights, measurement, experimentation, data management and more with a common goal to enable both our people and our models to make the “best” decisions, in a safe, trusted and compliant way.
The Data Insights & Management Group aims to enable significant, scalable and sustainable value via data and insights, through building a world-class data platform and empowering Canvanauts with efficient & effective data capabilities, while the Data Pipeline Team within the group focuses on engineering the data pipelines that collect and distribute data into and from the data warehouse platform.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.