Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Reliability Platform Group:
The Reliability Platform Group is responsible for providing the tools and processes to scale reliability across all Canva services. Our teams work together, and with other groups, to deliver preventive and detective tooling, processes and best practices that uplift Canva’s reliability. We do this by driving operational excellence, reducing the impact of incidents, and providing visibility and accountability across the broader Engineering community.
- Making Canva’s major launches seamless by coordinating feature launches before major events.
- Helping Canva continue to deliver features successfully even as we continue our exponential growth in users, staff, and features.
- Playing a key role in evolving the developer experience at Canva, smoothing the pipeline through CI/CD, QA, release, experiments, and post-release monitoring.
- Your judgement will help drive the risk balance at Canva- when do we need to slow down and be more careful, and when do we need to accelerate to help drive the company to success.
- You have a problem-solving mindset and enjoy solving complex technical and organisational problems.
- You enjoy autonomy and the chance to develop organisations to the next level.
- You have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, able to negotiate compromise under pressure.
- You have extensive experience with QA, CI/CD, release methodologies, experiment management, and monitoring.
- You have experience with various software development lifecycles and methodologies. Ideally, you will have prior experience as a launch control engineer.
- You have strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, ensuring that nothing is missed.
- You have the ability to remain calm under pressure during the lead-up to launches.
- Nice to have: Programming skills, an ability to read code & and evaluate risk
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.