Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you, however we have a preference for Sydney.
About the Total Reward Team
Our Total Rewards programs play a key role in our mission to build the world’s best team. They allow us to attract, recognise, and retain incredible team members, who care about living our values and having a tremendous impact by using their skills to achieve our huge goals.
The Total Rewards team is responsible for working on some of Canva’s most impactful operational goals. We’re focused on boosting Canva’s effectiveness and engagement with an eye on profitability and scale through the design and implementation of unique Reward and Benefits programs.
Our Total Rewards team is made up of Program Managers, Compensation Analysts and Compensation Business Partners, who are currently all Sydney & Melbourne based.
About the role
As a champion of Canva's values, you'll collaborate with various teams, including Compensation, HR Business Partners, and Talent Acquisition to shape and enhance both new and existing programs. Your pivotal role involves crafting and executing reward strategies, designing solutions to enhance employee experience and boost business performance.
Leading a team of Compensation Business Partners, you'll be instrumental in establishing foundational partnerships and scaling our reward programs and guiding a growing team. With your strategic mindset, you'll implement and propose changes to compensation programs and offer guidance and strategic partnership.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Leading end-to-end implementation of cutting-edge programs, seamlessly blending analysis, stakeholder engagement, project management, communications, and change management.
- Partnering with leaders to understand org design changes and proactively identify necessary adjustments that will enhance the job architecture and its governance.
- Leveraging market insights to align Canva's roles with external benchmarks, conducting annual reviews to fine-tune structures, managing salary and equity compensation effectively.
- Driving Canva's reward cycle, from impactful communications to leadership collaboration and execution of outcomes alongside the Reward team and HR Ops.
- Collaborating with Talent Acquisition for a streamlined partnership, ensuring fair and consistent reviews of job offers.
- Informing and supporting Canva’s reward education programs and delivering engaging and impactful education to help Canvanauts understand our reward philosophy and programs.
- Playing a pivotal role as a coach and mentor, contributing to the growth and development of the team.
You’re probably a match if
- You have experience and a strong depth of knowledge of the tech sector , (experience partnering closely with engineering and/or product teams is preferable).
- You’ve successfully coached and led compensation teams .
- You have extensive experience in the reward field and a deep understanding of the role reward programs play in talent attraction and retention.
- You’re passionate about the impact of rewards on employee strategies and business outcomes.
- You’re skilled in prioritising, leading and tracking multiple projects in a collaborative, high-growth environment.
- You enjoy being the key point of contact for business, adept at building relationships and inspiring teams.
- you’re a true people person with excellent relationship building, collaboration and problem solving skills.
- You’re able to balance people skills with attention to detail and data affinity.
- You thrive on building programs from design to implementation, setting up scalable systems for a global workforce.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
-Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
-An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
-Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.