About the team
Canva is seeking a Senior Product & Privacy Legal Counsel who will be responsible for providing support and advice to Canva business teams (Canva SuperGroups), including our Security, Procurement and People team.
The role will be part of the Product and Privacy Team and will support privacy goals across the business. You will play a key role in delivering our strategy to design anything and publish everywhere and launching the next generation of exciting Canva Products.
You will join a dynamic, global legal team working on a variety of innovative technologies with interesting legal considerations. You will be required to leverage your expertise, good judgment and strong business sense to make complex laws simple and assist swift decision-making in our fast paced environment.
You’ll work to ensure Canva’s products continue to delight our community and meet our goals, whilst also keeping users safe and meeting community and regulator expectations.
What you'll do
- Work closely with various Canva business teams to provide support and advice on a broad range of legal and privacy compliance matters in support of Canva’s global privacy compliance strategy
- Be the first point of contact for the Canva Security team to support security initiatives and drive internal compliance goals and manage Canva privacy incidents
- Assist business stakeholders, product lawyers, product managers, and engineers, in evaluating the impact of privacy laws
- Advise on Privacy Impact Assessments and other privacy related queries from the business
- Support with training and awareness initiatives
- Monitor the regulatory landscape on laws applicable to the risks associated with existing policies and practices
- Be the eyes and ears for the legal team and refer out matters to other legal specialities where required, including employment, commercial and intellectual property specialists
- Advising on data processing agreements with vendors, due diligence and high risk Transfer Impact Assessments
We'd love it if you had
- Demonstrated experience in advising on international data privacy incidents and managing obligations to privacy regulators
- Significant experience at or for a rapidly growing business, technology or SaaS industry experience would also be helpful, where you have advised on privacy and security compliance
- Demonstrated experience advising on global privacy matters
- Prior experience in working in AI would be beneficial
- Certified Information Privacy Professional or commitment to obtain certification upon joining our organisation.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.