About the Team
You’ll be working with us, the Internationalisation (i18n) Team. The vision for the i18n team is To provide Truly Local content for users of Canva around the world.
Our mission is to make Canva the go-to place for everyone’s design needs not only by creating thousands of templates anyone can customize but also by ensuring that our collection is the best out there. We don’t just want to make regular stock content: we are creating truly bespoke, truly local and truly diverse content that best represent our users. We want to ensure all of our content meet excellent quality criteria by creating standards and processes that encompass both cultural relevance and Canva design principles.
About the Role
Canva is on a mission to democratise design through the localisation of our products -- and one of the ways we’re doing that is by making sure we have a library full of high-quality, market-bespoke illustration and animation content for our Indian market. It’s not enough just to have content that is translated from English, we want to be sure that all users have access to content that reflects the design aesthetics and trends in their market.
You’ll be on a mission to ensure that content within the Canva editor is high quality, fresh, inspiring, and caters to every user. In addition to sourcing and managing content, the team is dedicated to improving the contributor experience as well as promoting the best content to Canva users.
We’re interested in engaging an Art Director based in India on a 6 month project where you’ll be creating a variety of graphics and motion elements for our library.
We’re looking for someone with exceptional organisational skills and a strong design/creative background to help produce content and direct production for the Canva library, manage some administrative tasks and provide artistic direction and quality assurance when necessary.
What you’ll do (responsibilities)
- Leading project based work based on content audits that define content gaps in Canva’s library.
- Researching relevant styles and subjects that champion craft best practice and local representation.
- Creating detailed design kits with a consideration of how these would be brought to life in production.
- Collaborating with in-house creatives during the entire production process.
- Coordinating with in-house teams and making sure their content requests are being produced.
- Working closely with Creative team leads in ensuring goals for the season are met.
- Tracking and reviewing submissions/applications to ensure we get the best content for our users.
What we're looking for
- Experience as a Senior Creative or Art Director creating a diverse range of visual content and designs.
- Experience working in and leading a small team of creatives, and providing professional support and development for junior creatives.
- A passion for writing simple and clear briefs, with demonstrated experience in commissioning all types of creatives.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for creating thoughtful, polished, and beautiful designs.
- Have a good eye for composition and are up to date with styles and trends.
- Have in depth technical design, illustrative and animation knowledge.
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment.
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
Please provide the following in your application:
- A link to your portfolio
- Your availability
- Your hourly rate