Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the group:
The Information Technology Group’s vision is to improve the potential of every Canvanaut through world-class technology and service. The group consists of Business Platforms, Technology Experience and IT Platform.
Business Platforms is a sub-group where you will be as a founding member of a rapidly expanding team as we aim to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our technology supporting core internal functions across Finance, People and Legal.
About the team:
The People Experience Systems team support the evaluation, implementation, Integration and ongoing innovation of Canva’s People Experience and Talent technology stack. We partner closely with our People and technology enablement teams to deliver extraordinary people technology solutions that our Canvanauts use every day to grow and have the most impact they can.
We strive for engineering excellence in everything we do, bringing our deep technology and people domain expertise to solve some of Canva’s biggest challenges, setting new standards for quality, and innovation.
- Engage across our people and technology teams to identify, design, develop, and deliver people technology solutions that drive exceptional outcomes.
- Utilise your experience and knowledge to influence and align outcomes with our roadmaps, and broader IT architecture and visions.
- Thrive in solving sophisticated and diverse challenges, utilising your broad Technology, HR and people demonstrated ability to deliver extraordinary people technology solutions across our Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning, Workspace Experience, Communications, Listening, and other critical people functions at Canva.
- Drive the full lifecycle of solutions, through identification, design, evaluation of options, configuration, deployment, and ensuring a successful implementation of the solutions we deliver.
- Proactively find opportunities for automation and technology-driven improvements across our IT and people groups. Evaluate solutions options by weighing factors such as cost, feasibility, resource requirements and impact.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices in people technology domains, ensuring Canva remains at the forefront of technology-enabled people experiences.
- Nurturing the development of our those you work with through mentoring, upskilling, and promoting a culture of teamwork and excellence.
- Build and maintain relationships with our key technology vendors, ensuring Canva's needs are well represented and catered for in vendor roadmaps and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability in a technology solution partner, IT engagement manager, solution architect, business systems analysis, systems lead or similar role.
- Experience across people technology domains, bringing with you skills and strong understanding of technology trends, digital transformation, technical analysis, solution design, IT project management, and solution architecture.
- Experience implementing and supporting key people technology solutions such as ATS, Talent Management, Workforce Planning, HRIS, and people experience tools.
- Experience supporting the evaluation and sourcing of 3rd party solutions via RFI/RFPs.
- Proven experience with solution design docs that consider the impacts across multiple systems including those that are owned by other systems engineers and teams. Involve business partners to flesh out the solution in detail, whilst leading the overall effort.
- You will know how to operate and be successful in a high-growth environment, thrive on problem-solving and dealing with ambiguity.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
-Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
-An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
-Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know:
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.