Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, hello, hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Working deep in early-stage product definition, using your UX skills to navigate from chaos to clarity and to help your team imagine innovative solutions to real user problems. You’ll help guide your team through a complex problem space by focusing on our users’ needs, as well as our strategic priorities as a business.
- Using your UI and interaction design skills to build intuitive, delightful experiences for users. You’ll use flows, mockups, and prototypes to visually communicate your ideas both to end users and internal teams, and you’ll be sweating the details to keep Canva’s quality bar high in everything you create.
- Collaborating closely with experts in the AI/ML space, designing innovative experiences by connecting technical opportunities to user needs.
- Connecting and communicating with a wide variety of partners from both inside and outside your supergroup, building alignment and securing buy-in on your team’s ideas and direction.
- Working within a close-knit design team and contributing to building our design culture within the Discovery group.
You're probably a match if you have
- End-to-end Product Design Experience. You've designed and shipped multiple products or features across various platforms.
- Problem-first approach. You're obsessed with identifying gaps/opportunities and enjoy deeply investigating ambiguous problems.
- Effective Communication skills. You create clarity through your communication by making complex things simple. You can confidently present your ideas and tell a compelling story to the broader team.
- Pragmatism. You know when to be scrappy to get something delivered, and when to push back to really uncover the root user need
- Excellent engineering literacy. You love working with engineers and solving complex technical problems.
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing. You're skilled in turning the outcomes into data to drive your design solutions.
- Growth Mindset. You're eager to learn and develop your skills whilst having fun along the way.
About the team
Canva's Magic Design team is revolutionising the world of design by bringing the power of AI to the forefront of creativity. With the mission to empower 150 million users worldwide, this team is dedicated to inspiring the next generation of creators and helping them bring their ideas to life.
As Product Designer, you will be a part of a cross-functional team filled with highly motivated experts in engineering, machine learning, generative AI, product management, content design, and research.
Joining this team means that you will have the opportunity to create something truly exceptional alongside a team of forward-thinking minds. No longer will you or your users have to face the "fear of the blank page". So what are you waiting for? Come join the Magic Design team at Canva and help make the world a more creative and inspired place!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.