What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
The mission of Canva's Page Experience team is to refine and standardize the communication of our key business priorities through landing pages, focusing on optimising for scale and conversion. We play a crucial role in driving strategic alignment across the business, ensuring a robust foundation for building enduring brand saliency.
Join our dynamic team as a Senior Engineer and be at the forefront of transforming our user experience on a global scale! As a key member, you will help lead the charge in revamping our global navigation, utilizing your expertise to create seamless and intuitive user journeys. Dive into the realm of experimentation as you design and execute strategies to elevate conversion rates, driving measurable impact on our business.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Designing, Developing, and maintaining a backend system that manages Canva’s global navigation UI, content, and localization pipeline for 100+ languages.
- Working alongside product managers and designers to build, experiment with, and deploy efficient and reusable components and features.
- Designing creative and efficient engineering solutions to optimize on-page content and user journey, to help standardize communication, ensuring key business priorities are represented across Canva pages.
- Having good coding and testing practices, and participating in design and code reviews.
- Collaborating across teams and specialties on new ideas and enhancements to help achieve our goals
- Taking ownership and driving projects from start to finish.
You're probably a match if
- You are comfortable coding in Java and JS (Typescript, good to have).
- You possess solid computer science and engineering fundamentals including data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns.
- You have extensive experience developing reliable, scalable, and secure web applications using the latest technology.
- You possess excellent communication skills that allow you to build relationships with a diverse group of people, enabling you to drive impact across the company.
- You have a keen heart and a solid understanding of delivering value, not just code.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and support you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time-consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have a choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.