Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, hello, hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Leading by example and developing solutions to tackle difficult problems such as scaling our platforms to meet Canva's customer growth.
- Working with the wider group to develop and execute on our longer term strategy and goals.
- Collaborating with cross functional teams across Canva to understand their requirements, and helping to prioritise and delivers solutions to meet those requirements on time, and within budget.
- Setting quarterly and annual objectives and priorities for the team along with resource planning.
- Helping to identify gaps in observability tooling and helping to take it to the next level.
- Guiding and mentoring the team and helping them grow their skills and knowledge.
You're probably a match if:
- You have experience in a technical leadership role; and in a people management or team leadership position.
- You’ve got experience building and monitoring microservice architectures in large distributed cloud environments (ideally AWS).
- You have a proven track record in successfully overseeing and managing large-scale, distributed critical systems, with a focus on ensuring high availability and reliability.
- You have deep knowledge and understanding of Computer Engineering fundamentals and first principles.
- You have the ability to guide and mentor other members within the team and improve the way we collaborate, learn, and share ideas.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills to coordinate efforts across teams in a dynamic environment.
About the team
The Observability Traces & Exceptions Team is responsible for operational insights inside Canva. Our goal is to provide our development team with world-class tools to view how their services are performing in production. We achieve this by combining industry-leading third-party solutions with our own in-house developed solutions.
We work across the entire stack maintaining our tracing TypeScript & Java libraries, our tracing infrastructure, error libraries and error handling guidelines to name just a few. As we scale all of these areas, we require more sophisticated solutions to ensure that Canva developers can continue to grow without compromising on reliability or availability.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.