Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time-consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have a choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
You're probably a match if
- Commercial experience developing complex web applications
- Most of our code is in Java, so ideally you will be comfortable using Java
- Computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
About the team
The Websites Platform team’s mission is to ‘Empower the world to bring their brand to the web’. One of the key features of our team is their domain management expertise. We make it easy for our users to connect their domain to their designs, providing a seamless experience for those who want to promote their brand online while also ensuring that our users' websites are fast, secure, and reliable.
What's in it for you?
As a backend engineer joining a team that focuses on domain management and hosting websites, you can expect to learn a lot about the intricacies of web hosting and domain management. Your role as a backend engineer will be critical in ensuring that the website's backend runs smoothly and efficiently, providing a seamless experience for users.
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and support you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.