The finance team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its stakeholders. As Canva continues on its rapid trajectory of growth, it is vital to have accurate, timely and reliable information about financial performance and a strong forecasting and modelling muscle to assist key partners with strategic decision-making.
The creation of the role is necessary for Canva’s Financial Planning & Analysis team to strengthen its forecasting and financial analysis capabilities as well as bolster the relationships between the finance team and the wider business through timely modelling support and expertise.
This role will create and maintain models that allow Canva to plan and track our Annualised Revenue performance. We use our expertise to forecast financial outcomes and work closely with the business to ensure initiatives are being taken to best support Canva's vision and strategy, to help us achieve our Crazy Big Goals!
What you'll do
Ownership of revenue metrics, drivers, dashboards, models and analysis thereof to provide insights to key stakeholders
- Creation of a reliable and robust process for revenue forecasting
- Working closely with Finance Business Partners and the revenue generating groups you will understand performance metrics, underlying drivers and ongoing strategic initiatives
- Work with the Strategy & Analysis team to advise, update and improve the accuracy of the Canva Financial Model based on analysis and performance at a micro level, and making sure this is Investor ready
We'd love it if you had
- Proven experience in a role primarily focused on bottom-up modelling, financial analysis or scenario-based analysis within a commercial environment
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field such as commerce, finance, accounting, management or economics
- Experience in analysing large volumes of data and building forecast models, an Excel wizard would be even better!
- Problem-solving creativity and commercial judgement
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
We celebrate all types of skills and backgrounds at Canva so even if you don’t feel like your skills quite match what’s listed above - we still want to hear from you!
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.