What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the role
The Content Review sub-group is part of the Canva Content group, responsible for maintaining the quality standards of Canva’s public content library.
The team you’ll be joining has the goal of supporting the review ops team by providing the tools to review the quality of both elements (photos, graphics, videos, audio tracks, etc.) and design templates. In addition, the team focuses on building a human-in-the-loop process to support the automation of content review through the use of machine learning models, heuristics and validation rules.
What you'll do
- Design, develop and deploy solutions to challenging problems, working closely with other engineers and product managers to deliver features for Content Review and make a global impact
- Own the entire lifecycle of the code; design, development, test, maintenance, and subsequent fixes and improvements as required to support the product roadmap
- Work collaboratively and consult with Leads, Product Managers, and Engineers across Canva to unblock frontend work required for your group to achieve their goals
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and effectively advocate for engineering needs to non-technical stakeholders within the group
- Demonstrate initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Identify opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new ideas and improvements that help achieve our goals
What you bring
- Commercial experience in a software development environment, building scalable backend systems
- Most of our code is in Java, so you will be comfortable using Java.
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating optimally
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience in training, deploying or scaling machine learning models to production environments is a great plus
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time-consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have a choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.