What you’d be doing in this role
The People team at Canva is on a mission to empower our team to do the best work of their lives. This senior leadership opportunity is a key role to help bring that vision to life. This leader will be responsible for leading a global team of Total Rewards and Performance professionals who are accountable for the design and implementation of rewards programs (remuneration, benefits, recognition) and Canva’s employee performance frameworks. This includes the Total Rewards & Performance strategy, policies, procedures and operations, for Canva globally. Be a part of our People leadership team and help us make Canva one of the best places to work in the world.
Our Total Rewards and Performance programs play a key role in our mission to build the world’s best team. They allow us to attract, recognise, and retain incredible team members, who care about living our values and having a tremendous impact by using their skills to achieve our huge goals. We’re focused on boosting Canva’s effectiveness and engagement with an eye on profitability as we scale through the design and implementation of unique Reward, Performance and Benefits programs.
- Own Canva-wide Total Rewards (including Canva wide global compensation; executive compensation; incentive structures (including sales commission structures); job architecture), performance, recognition and employee benefits strategy, philosophy and frameworks, including systems and operations, to deliver on Canva’s vision and strategy, and deliver the best value to Canva
- Lead and inspire a team of Total Rewards and Performance professionals through inspiring a vision, providing clarity of expectations as well as coaching for individual and team performance and development.
- Build credible partnerships and position of influence with C-suite Leads within Canva as well as other key stakeholders, including Board members.
- Strategically and operationally build equitability in Canva’s Total Rewards and Performance processes to minimise bias and ensure consistent and equitable outcomes
- Build external, peer group networks, and industry partnerships to help understand external trends to inform Canva’s strategies and approach
- Ensure compliance with relevant, regulatory requirements in all of Canva’s locations as well as in line with public company readiness
- Champion performance and reward activities with a global mindset while being aware of local culture sensitivities.
- Design programs that reinforce our cultural priorities, including diversity and belonging.
- Engage with leaders to clarify strategic priorities and co-design key performance indicators (KPIs) for which they are accountable.
- Canva-wide communication of changes to the performance and/or rewards philosophy/process.
- Measure the impact of the performance, rewards and benefits programs.
- Review and develop future-ready performance and reward policies and strategies.
- Work with senior stakeholders to deliberate cases where the compensation management deviates from policies and processes.
- Work with People Analytics to standardise the way we measure KPIs across the company;
- Lead the Goals and KPI-setting process end-to-end: from Company KPIs to Individual Goals;
- Co-own the performance improvement plan processes with the Head of People Partnering;
- Own the Goal-Setting, Promotion, and Performance Rewards processes.
You're probably a match if
- You have experience leading geographically dispersed Total Rewards and Performance teams
- You’ve worked at both private and public companies
- You possess expertise of the global total rewards & performance landscape
- You’ve built credible relationships with key stakeholders such as C suite executives, including Founders, and Board members
- You’ve successfully brought clarity in evolving high-growth environments
- Technology sector experience is preferred
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience and our overall assessment of what we observed and learnt in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is $274,000 to $414,000. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to a hub San Francisco, which is now home to our US operations. We offer flexibility in how and where you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.