Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, hello, hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Working collaboratively and consulting with group leadership, product managers, and engineers across Canva to unlock, unblock and deliver solutions which will impact our customers worldwide.
- Building tools and frameworks that help us rapidly and reliably conduct experiments across different parts of the Canva app.
- Facilitating knowledge sharing and continuous growth for individuals on your team, advocating for engineering needs to non-technical collaborators within the group.
- Designing, developing and deploying solutions with some hands-on software development
- Communicating effectively with Product Managers and Engineers across Canva when developing a solution; seeking and incorporating diverse perspectives to address complex issues.
- Taking initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions.
- Identifying opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new ideas and improvements that help achieve our goals.
You're probably a match if:
- You have experience leading team members and communicating effectively with other leaders, product management, and design.
- You are at home both working and leading a team in our core technology environment - our core stack is Java, Spring, MySQL RDS on the backend.
- You have firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns.
- You have the ability to facilitate performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing from the team.
About the team
At Canva Print, we bring Canva designs into the real world. We’re an essential part of the Canva user experience with "Publish Anywhere" as our core mission pillar. Print is already a multi-million dollar department within Canva, and offers an incredible opportunity to work at global scale, whilst still early enough to solve architectural complexity and UX challenges with a very talented team of specialists. We’re on a mission to scale up rapidly with your help.
The Canva Print vision is to have a global marketplace that enables all Canva users to Design and Print anything, anywhere. Literally anything, anywhere. Our ambition is thousands of products starting with mugs, posters, business-cards, and menus, that, over time, will include whatever you can imagine, from 3D printing of architectural models or large-scale billboards, or an haute couture fashion line. Print is accessible no matter where you are... with a strong focus on ethical and environmentally-friendly practices, such as the one print one tree initiative.
Within Canva today, Canva Print is made up of 100+ people spread between Australia, the Philippines, and the United States. The engineering team is 50+ predominantly based in Sydney and Melbourne, and growing rapidly. The group has an emphasis on large scale system design as we build out a global print network. This is an emerging area within Canva that presents the opportunity for a dynamic engineering leader to work with the team to build out the exciting intersection of global scale, data model complexity, and brand new user facing features. With sustainability at our heart, join us as we delight our customers, and meaningfully add to Canva’s overall success.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.