Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but Austria is home to part of our European operations. And with that you will have choice in how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
Fun fact - our Austrian team actually started out as Kaleido before being acquired by us in 2021. Kaleido's product team develops visual AI products, that make complex things simple for users. Now, together we deliver visual AI features within Canva to help reimagine how artificial intelligence can be used in design. We think it's a perfect match.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
In this role, you will sell our market-leading AI products to a global audience and empower them to the world of design, while also supporting Canvas wider user growth through your initiatives. Remove.bg is a world-class image editing/background removal software cemented to be among its discipline's top three products worldwide. To strengthen our position as a market leader, we need to “cross the chasm” and look for people that are driven by the value of selling above pitching features.
- Develop and execute a sales strategy to drive the business forward and ensure an increase in sales volume on a globale scale while navigating through cultural nuances.
- Run different outbound campaigns via mail or phone, together with your team and through your own initiative, using state-of-the-art software like Apollo or Outreach.
- Maximise the revenue per lead through value based selling & lever direct sales as well as partnerships and strategic accounts.
- Confidently showcase our AI products to prospects and work on the improvement of our current demo deck.
- Manage your pipeline, forecast accurately and commit to deals with a high likelihood of closing.
- Collaborate closely with the Global Sales Lead in Vienna.
- Proven track record of exceeding quota in an SaaS environment over 3+ years.
- Understanding and experience in using state-of-art sales tools like Salesforce, Outreach or Apollo.
- Familiarity with modern sales methodologies like SPIN, MEDDIC or Challenger Sales
- A data-driven mentality and approach to all of your sales activities.
- Your ability to effectively communicate, defuses any high-tension situation with customers & you always seek clarity in any business dialogue.
- Taking responsibility for your own actions: you look for solutions rather than problems.
- Know-how in building effective relationships by facilitating an open dialogue, internally as externally and a customer-centric approach in your actions.
- Work in one of the fastest-growing visual AI startups in Austria surrounded by like-minded people. Our visual AI products are industry-leading solutions that are easing the life of more than 25 million people globally every month.
- We are a part of the Canva family. Our collaboration with teams around the globe supercharges our work to empower the world to design. Canva’s success story is unique - and you benefit from it by participating in the company stock option program.
- Join an international team in Vienna (more than 65 people from 25 nationalities) and collaborate with lots of smart, like-minded people who love to ship quickly and you get to know the space of visual AI. Watch this video to learn more about our engineering organization - a tech talk given by your future coach/manager at Kaleido.
- You will have a flexible work schedule of 38.5h/week and a no-all-in contract. Work remotely, from our office located in Vienna's 3rd district, or mix-and-match. We can easily find an option that works best for you and Kaleido.
- We care about our employees and we believe mental health should be a priority, just like taking care of our bodies and staying in shape. We provide mental health support through an online platform specialized in professional counseling.
- Your lunch and your commute with Wiener Linien are on us. You can also find unlimited snacks, coffee, and beverages in our office.
- You receive a yearly allowance for professional education & personal well-being as well as additional leave days for volunteering.
- We organize regular (international) events at the company & team levels to foster team bonding.
We are required by law to state the minimum salary for this position , which is EUR 49,800 gross per year. We pay competitive salaries - depending on your qualifications and experience - and you also get to participate in the company’s stock option program .
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.