Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team:
The Ecosystem group is a strategic venture which is critical in enabling Canva to reach 1B monthly active users. Our vision is to create an abundant ecosystem that tailors Canva for these billion delighted users, through a comprehensive, useful and effective developer platform, its companion APIs and end user experiences. Fundamentally, we believe that to reach 1 billion users we will need to continue to reach users of all demographics with an ever broadening spectrum of needs.
About the API team:
The Frontend API Platform team is on a mission to provide a centralised platform to facilitate API teams to build and expose APIs to third-party developers, enabling the development of an abundant ecosystem that tailors Canva for a billion users. The team works closely with our API teams to ensure consistency across Canva’s public API surface areas.
As an Engineer in the team you will:
- Develop the platform that supports internal API teams to build and expose Canva APIs
- Work with our Canva API teams to ensure consistency across Canva’s public API surface areas
- Work with and learn from an experienced team while taking on some of Canva’s most sophisticated problems
- You will also be collaborating with multi-functional teams on roadmap goals and milestones.
Required Experiences & Skills:
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Experience with TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Ability to write performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in A/B testing and Experiment Driven Development
- Experience and knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development
- Experience developing Java backend
- Experience developing ecommerce or online retail flows
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.