Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Coach a team of frontend engineers who are responsible for building the first set of features and foundation for an offline Canva product.
This team is part of the wider Performance group with the mission to make Canva the fastest graphical design tool in the world. To do this, we need Canva available offline to support users to design anywhere, anytime, with or without a reliable internet connection.
What you’ll do
- Working with multiple product teams across Canva to build out offline requirements by understanding how their teams are building features
- Finding out the changes necessary to turn them offline, and working with the feature teams to understand the time it will take, as well as dependencies and risks
- Ensuring the Offline team is set up to deliver these changes, both from an engineering feasibility perspective as well as from a resourcing perspective
- Seasonal roadmap planning and prioritisation for the team
- Own the technical direction of the team by leveraging the technical skills of the team
- Build and maintain a healthy team culture through 1:1s, team cadences and nurturing the development of engineers within the team
- Demonstrated experience navigating complex product experiences, then translating them to a clear engineering roadmap.
- Frontend experience using React, MobX and typescript
- Experience with service workers would be highly regarded
- Effective communication skills with the ability to understand the needs of product team engineers when building offline features, and rallying the team to build tools that fit their needs.
- Excellent organisational skills, planning for engineering work while keeping stakeholders involved and informed
- You are experienced in finding blockers and issues in a complex engineering environment by talking to many specialities such as engineering, legal, security, privacy, product management, and so on. You can then account for them when estimating the delivery of offline functionalities.
This role is remote-friendly across Australia and New Zealand - you don't have to live in Sydney to make a huge impact at Canva. Apply now to be considered!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.