Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Design and develop new internationalization backend services that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team's workflows.
- Collaborate with product teams to ensure that new features are crafted with internationalization in mind.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other members of the engineering team.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve issues related to internationalization services.
- Contribute to the overall engineering culture at Canva by sharing knowledge, mentoring junior engineers, and helping to build an encouraging and collaborative team environment.
You're probably a match if
- Five or more years of proven experience developing scalable backend services in a popular language/framework (Java, NodeJS, Python, etc.).
- Practical knowledge of data structures and algorithms
Nice to have:
- Experience localising or internationalising a software product.
- Experience developing backend with RPCs, gRPC or GraphQL.
About the team
The Internationalization Team at Canva is a dynamic and innovative group responsible for delivering world-class localized experiences to users in hundreds of languages and regions across the globe. Our team works alongside Canva's Global Services team to develop and execute international growth strategy, as well as maintain critical infrastructure, workflows, and support services that enable Canva to reach a global audience.
If you are passionate about bringing the world closer together through technology and have a keen eye for detail, we invite you to join our team and help us continue to provide outstanding experiences to users worldwide.
About the Role
As an Internationalization Backend Engineer at Canva, you will play a critical role in helping our teams build a world-leading platform. Your primary focus will be on developing and maintaining tools, workflows, and supporting services that make it easy for our teams to work effectively and efficiently.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.