Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Canva’s SEO is world-class, and we’re looking for a passionate Senior SEO Specialist to join the International SEO team to help scale our next phase of growth in Germany!
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time. Since our launch in August 2013, Canva has grown exponentially. We are one of the world’s fastest growing startups and the journey has only just begun. We take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love.
The SEO group keeps growing globally. Keyword researchers, Tech SEO specialists, SEO content specialists, Copywriters, Engineers, Data analysts, Designers, Operations specialists – we’ve got it all covered, and in many regions of the world.
As a Country Lead for Germany, you’ll be supported by a mini-team, consisting of a Content Specialist and Link Builder. You'll be part of the exceptionally friendly and supportive EMEA SEO and Localisation teams to help achieve our ambitious growth targets! You will be responsible for leading all aspects of SEO (technical/content/link building) across German pages on canva.com
. You'll have access to a range of the best enterprise-level third-party tools, as well as several platforms and products we have built in-house that help us to world-class SEO. A large part of this will involve leading the localisation of new pages in the English section of the site and ensuring they are well-optimised for their target keywords. You will also be expected to maintain a high standard of 'technical hygiene' across your locale, as well as provide guidance to the German Link Builder around the most important pages to build links to, and what strategies are likely to be successful.
We're looking for someone who will thrive and adapt in a hyper-growth environment, and be confident in making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience. You'll have a curiosity for problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements!
What you will do
- Drive the development and implementation of the SEO Strategy of Canva in Germany
- Identify and prioritise projects based on alignment with international SEO goals
- Become an expert in the search landscape for relevant niches within the German market (photo editor, video editor, print, whiteboards, and more) and develop a good all-around knowledge of competitors and areas of opportunity.
- Build your backlog of tasks to complete each season/cycle, considering opportunities to localise new English pages, optimise existing German pages, and launch German-specific 'bespoke' pages, and prioritise the work based on expected impact and effort
- Work with the Content Specialist and Localisation team to produce or translate the required content for the pages, then build and launch the pages in the Canva CMS
- Guide the German Link Builder to define the target pages for link-building campaigns and support them in finding new tactics and improving existing tactics
- You'll use our third-party tools to monitor the site for technical hygiene (broken links, redirect chains etc.), and make fixes as required
- You'll report on wins and opportunities for improvement within Germany
- You’ll support the growth of your local team when relevant, hiring SEO specialists in your market as required
- You are a native-German speaker with business-level English.
- You are someone who can demonstrate successful outcomes from previous SEO projects you have led on large websites (500 pages or more)
- You have a good understanding of each of the three 'pillars' of SEO: content, technical and link building, and how they work together
- You can build a vision for delivering exceptionally high growth in the German market and work independently to execute the necessary tasks to achieve that vision, solving your own problems where possible along the way
- We're a large team that relies on tried-and-tested processes to execute tasks quickly and efficiently. As such, you will possess a high attention to detail and have the ability to closely follow detailed written instructions.
- You have excellent analytical skills and are comfortable using data to guide your decision-making
- Finally, you have hands-on experience with SEO and web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Dragon Metrics, Screaming Frog and Deepcrawl
About the team
The international SEO team is responsible for improving SEO performance of logged-out pages across the Canva website. Our mission in SEO is to empower every user in the world to discover Canva.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.