Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Workplace Experience team.
Sitting within Canva's People Group, the Vibe team’s mission is to build a workplace that cultivates Canva's culture and inspires us all to do the best work of our lives.
The Vibe team plays a key role in creating and maintaining the type of workplace that we all love coming to, where every single person has opportunities to grow and develop their skills, is able to do their best work and make an impact, every day.
Within the Vibe Team at Canva, we have the Workplace Experience team which is responsible for designing and launching many of the employee experiences and services Vibe are famous for around the world while curating a Vibe that is unique and special to Canvanauts. Our Workplace Experience team looks after office set up and operations, events & activations, plus all sorts of community engagement activities. The team are creative, hands on and know how to bring the fun!
About the role.
Sitting within the Workplace Experience team, the Events Lead is a newly created role that will focus on leading and executing our internal events strategy, including significant company staff events that Canva holds multiple times per year. Leading a team of three Workplace Events Specialists to build on the concept, planning and execution of these events will require influence and stakeholder engagement with regional Vibe team representatives in all our key locations, as well as close working relationships with our Internal Comms, Media, Brand, Founders’ Operational teams and senior leaders.
Other important aspects of this role are the ownership and delivery of events platforms, tools, templates and processes to ensure Canvanauts are able to deliver their own events easily, and to help our local Vibies manage events more easily in their global locations.
While we’re looking for someone who is a seriously capable and organised Events professional for this role, just as important is someone who can bring the quirky, playful and human flavour that is Canva to life through the events that we host. Everything we do for our Canvanauts’ experience has a clear ‘why’, and our events should be the manifestation of our values and everything we’re trying to achieve; be it connection, alignment, building knowledge, supporting causes that matter to us, or showcasing who we are to the world.
At the moment this role is focused on:
- Developing the annual cadence, strategy and concepts of our global internal events.
- Leading the planning, production, and execution of events that focus on our people (Canvanauts), with specific attention to the cultural objectives and business goals of each initiative.
- Driving the overall approach to how we own global events requests through to the delivery and execution of the requests, including tooling, systems and platforms, to find a solution that is easy for Vibe to administer and self-serve on all the incredible events we offer every week.
- Building great relationships with large teams of internal and external stakeholders to ensure our events concept development and delivery is as seamless, coordinated and low stress as it can be.
- Building and managing tools and templates to help the team best manage production budgets and oversee event timelines, vendor relationships and internal approvals
- Working with the Internal Comms, and Operations teams to agree the annual calendar of events and recommend the best approach to how they will be executed globally.
- Building and managing overall events function budgets, as well as specific event budgets and timelines, vendor relationships and internal approvals
- Coaching a creative, hungry and passionate team of Workplace Events Specialists.
- Managing and designing the team's capacity planning, resourcing & required capabilities, recommending team growth (headcount and skillset development) where required.
You're probably a match if
- you have extensive experience in event management of high volume of large global events, ranging from 100 - 3000+ attendees across multiple events in multiple timezones simultaneously at various budget points.
- You have strong end-to-end experience from event planning through to execution and wrap-up, including technical aspects of running virtual and hybrid events.
- You bring a creative, quirky and fresh point of view on events/projects/productions that will bring Canva’s values to life and help our culture flourish.
- You’re a confident communicator with the ability to work with and influence diverse stakeholder groups at all levels of the organisation, including senior stakeholders.
- You’re skilled in the use of Events Management Platforms and how they can streamline processes and create a seamless user experience for all.
- You build strong relationships with external vendors and suppliers to deliver outstanding events, within fixed timelines and to agreed budgets.
- You’re data driven, analysing data and making recommendations about which events to deliver and why.
- You have the ability to pivot and respond quickly to changing briefs and circumstances.
- You have detailed knowledge of the factors to be considered in arranging high-profile events in public spaces and venues.
- You have experience in employee experience or a company culture team desired.
- You have experience implementing Events feedback and data systems nice to have.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.