Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but in Aotearoa, we have a hub in Auckland that we call home to our local operations. And with that, you have choice in how and where you work. That means if you want to do your thing at our Auckland hub (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers, and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
About the Trust & Safety team
At Canva, we empower the world to design. People only create in places they trust; Trust and Safety (T&S) are an important part of the brand promise that we make to our customers, so making sure that we uphold this promise is a key part of our product and services. In our mission to safeguard our community, we work to prevent and mitigate incidents that could compromise the trust people have in Canva, from adult content to child abuse material, misinformation to hate speech, phishing, spam, bots, account takeovers, and other abuse vectors.
The User Trust team works to ensure every Canva account is safe and authentic, by providing tools and support to empower Canva and our users to protect their accounts from abuse. Abusive behaviour is not only directly against our values, it hurts our business as well. We create crucial detection services to understand and address inauthentic account behaviour in Canva’s complex and changing world. Some of the biggest changes we need to address are the continuously growing international user base, content and usage types, new features, regulatory requirements, and evolving abuse vectors.
As a solid Trust & Safety PM, you have well-developed skills in considering different frameworks, then applying them to product development of a safety platform that helps us maintain safe and trusted accounts for our users. This means that you will have to have a good analytical lens to complement collaboration with numerous internal partner teams and work streams, in order to achieve impact through their adoption of your solutions.
What you’ll do
- Develop and own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for User Trust, including account integrity, user reports, notifications, and appeals
- Identify requirements, collaborating with cross-functional teams including T&S engineering, content moderation, legal, policy, operations, education, and enterprise
- Plan out adoption timelines with consensus from internal teams, balancing their immediate needs to deliver impact with long-term sustainability and efficiency
- Explore all aspects of account safety functionality from every collaborator’s perspective to ensure testing and delivery against their needs
- Ensure Canva’s values and policies are consistently applied in the way we take action in preserving account safety, both against bad actors and user conflict
- Develop thinking and analysis of account risk management through multiple lenses, understanding the impacts and tradeoffs of different approaches.
- Communicate team achievements for visibility and understanding of the risks and impact we have
- Proven experience in account integrity, dealing with takeovers, bots, and other inauthentic behaviour; or in managing abuse, fraud, or similar risks.
- A passion for keeping people safe from account theft, attacks, and harassment by bots and other inauthentic behaviour, and platform abuse.
- The ability to speak the language of engineering, data, design, and operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- A highly collaborative and effective ability to lead by example, and contribute through sensible, thoughtful communication and execution.
- Strengths in balancing long-term vision and strategy with timely delivery of outcomes that bring us closer to that vision.
- A data-driven approach, but comfortable moving forward even if we don’t have all the information available to us, balancing first-principles reasoning with the data that we do have at hand.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.