Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Understanding the discovery phase ( user testing, research, competitor analysis, wireframes, user flows etc.) to get a clear picture of the problem and solutions.
- Translating insights, data and user research into prototypes to validate ideas with stakeholders and end users.
- Designing creative and on-brand visual solutions such as hero banners, graphics, UI motions, landing pages and websites that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design.
- Working closely with engineers during implementation and reviewing final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, typography and general experience is flawless and on-brand.
- Iterating and optimising pages and user flows for conversion.
- Designing at scale keeping in mind internationalisation, CMS integration, accessibility, design system, mobile design and various technical constraints.
You're probably a match if
- You have an exceptional portfolio demonstrating your passion for motion design or animation in landing pages.
- You strongly understand user behaviour and how to drive conversion through motion and interaction design.
- You work iteratively and have experience with A/B testing, User testing and using data to inform design decisions.
- You are comfortable with the various acquisition channels (SEO, SEM, Social etc..) and are able to provide holistic, consistent and performant solutions.
- You shine through your motion designs, creating storybooks that tell a clear story to enhance the user experience.
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers, and other disciplines throughout the company.
About the team
The Digital Design team's mission is to unify brand and product into delightful, inspiring digital experiences, to achieve our company mission of empowering the world to design.
Working on top-of-the-funnel acquisition channels you’ll design pages viewed by millions, globally. This is an incredible opportunity to build brand awareness across digital touchpoints and contribute directly to our MAU and revenue goals. Experiences we design are some of the first touchpoints users have with our brand and product; Digital designers are responsible for delivering beautiful, and impactful digital experiences that meet our user’s needs and drive adoption across channels including website, SEO pages, Performance Marketing landing pages, through to nurturing users across Lifecycle Marketing. That may involve a wide range of tasks such as ideation and creating concepts for new or improvements to current web experiences, writing digital strategies and vision decks, creating wireframes, visual designs, prototypes, interactions, and more.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead - Chen Zhang Santos, has to say about working in Design at Canva:
" I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.