Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team
The Core Accounting team's mission is to preserve the integrity of Canva’s monthly financial accounting processes, to ensure that all information recorded in Canva’s ERP is accurate & timely, reviewed by the appropriate individuals & supported by underlying information, as well as being the owner of the month end close process.
We’re a highly diverse team, with members based all over Australia, Philippines and Europe, and we love being able to work together remotely, as well as getting together where possible!
About the role
As one of the world’s fastest-growing private technology companies, the technical accounting landscape at Canva is ever evolving, with new accounting provisions and estimates required on a frequent basis.
As a Financial Accountant, your goal will be to support the technical accounting provisions and estimates, supporting the technical accounting team in operationalizing the accounting processes, and support automation processes for continued growth and scale.
You have a passion for preparing accounting adjustments and experience with month-end accounting and reconciliation of accounts. A keen eye for detail and strive for accuracy in preparing calculations & adjustments.
A team player who enjoys collaborating and working with a broad range of internal stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Preparation of Canva’s monthly and quarterly provisions, estimates and technical accounting adjustments, and ensuring any adjustments recorded is in accordance with technical accounting group policy.
- Preparation of NetSuite and underlying support monthly reconciliations
- Create and maintain balance sheet reconciliations for provision, estimates and other balance sheet accounts including movement analysis if needed.
- Review the provisions and estimates and technical accounting areas, and where possible, recommend and execute improvements.
We'd love it if you had:
- Tertiary qualification in Accountancy
- CA/CPA (or equivalent) Qualification
- 2 to 3 years of proven experience in a General Ledger Accounting / Financial Accounting Role with knowledge and experience in transactional processing, reporting and related month-end processes
- A passion for the SaaS industry, and prior experience within a start-up business would be an advantage
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to turn chaos into clarity
- Keen eye for details and ability to identify and correct errors in processing
- Highly organized with the ability to work within set deadlines
- Strong ability to quickly identify both risks and opportunities, while maintaining a focus on both process improvements and results
- Advanced Excel /Google Sheet skills, experience with ERP systems such as NetSuite (a real plus!), Xero, SAP, Oracle, Workday Financials
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.