Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Expanding our core privacy engineering team that builds and manages our key privacy technology (both tools and processes) and defining the architecture for our privacy and data risk solutions and translating it into a roadmap.
- Regularly reviewing and collaborating on the vision and strategy for the group in collaboration with the cross-functional leadership team and in an open and inclusive manner.
- Building platforms and tools to effectively measure our data management practices.
- Providing technical expertise to all Canva engineering teams to enable them to reduce risk and build more privacy-compliant solutions.
- Taking the lead to drive Privacy by Design within our engineering solutions including leading updates to engineering artifacts and processes.
- Contributing to the annual and seasonal processes of goal setting and work with functional leaders and product managers to maintain a strong roadmap to uplift our data management practices.
- Investing in personal growth and career development of engineering talent within the group and enabling an environment of high reliability, through engineering and operational excellence.
You're probably a match if:
- You have a deep passion for data risks, privacy, platform & product engineering & empowering engineering to build privacy safe and low(er) risk solutions.
- You have led the design, development, and deployment of new services in the privacy and data risk domains in complex global SAAS organisations.
- You have a good understanding of data protection technologies such as data discovery & classification, encryption, key management, identity access management, cookies and tracking, knowledge of data lifecycle management and risk management.
- You combine big-picture thinking with sweating the details of execution.
- You inspire others to achieve their full potential and builds diverse, impactful teams.
- You thrive working in complex organisations and can bring alignment across.
About the team
You’ll be a leading member of the new Data Risk & Compliance Group that sits within the Data Supergroup at Canva. The Group plays a vital role in protecting our data, uplifting our compliance, and minimising risks associated with how Canva manages our data throughout the end-to-end lifecycle.
The Group will be the go-to team for technical leadership and guidance for privacy and data risk to the 1800+ Engineers and the broader 4000+ Canvanauts. The Group will also have a compliance function that works across the whole organisation with a focus on reducing our data risks and protecting our customers.
Protecting Canva and the privacy of our 100M+ users is a top priority for this team, and we want to ensure the systems we build are respectful and compliant.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.