Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company.
Our mission at Kaleido as part of Canva is to empower the world to design with AI and to democratize visual AI by creating easy-to-use visual AI tools for individuals and businesses of all sizes, enjoyed by more than 100+ million monthly users from 200+ countries.
Our engineering team's tag-line: “We fail fast” - Dynamic processes, implementing new ideas, trying, failing, and improving rapidly. The world of tech is ever-evolving, and so are we.
In this role, you'll own the whole design process : from creating concepts with the team to designing in accordance with our design system and validating them by conducting user tests. You will play a major role in bringing our market-leading background removal solutions to the next level.
Goals you’ll achieve in the first 0-12 months
- You`ll experiment with new ways of video background removal for unscreen to increase the experience and validate the best approach.
- You`ll bring our quality improvement program to the next level by designing and validating a new concept where users can submit their images for machine learning training purposes
- You`ll design and validate a concept of new ways how users can edit photos.
- You`ll design and validate how users can edit large numbers of images.
- You`ll design new ways, like integrations, how users can use the remove.bg background removal service within their workflow.
- Team up with the Product Owner and the engineers to work on concepts and new features and bring remove.bg and unscreen.com to the next level
- Work hand-in-hand with leading machine learning experts to define how we translate advanced technology to easy-to-understand user experiences.
- Be the key contact for Kaleido's design system and work closely with the engineers when it comes to updating or creating new components.
- Gather findings to iterate through the use of research and validate concepts in user tests to create the most impactful experience.
- Work closely with our Data Analysts to understand usage and user behavior, to make informed decisions
- You've at least 6 years of experience in end-to-end product design and shipped multiple products or features across a variety of platforms.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products.
- You are able to design "pixel-perfect" prototypes in software like Figma and you know the value of documenting your concepts, processes, and studies.
- You are passionate about working with ML & AI and excited about the possibilities and the future of it.
- You have a keen visual eye and enjoy defining the details of UI that can translate across millions of users in hundreds of countries.
- You value the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to design.
- Work in one of the fastest-growing visual AI startups in Austria surrounded by like-minded people. Our visual AI products are industry-leading solutions that are easing the life of more than 25 million people globally every month.
- We are a part of the Canva family. Our collaboration with teams around the globe supercharges our work to empower the world to design. Canva’s success story is unique - and you benefit from it by participating in the company stock option program.
- Join an international team in Vienna (more than 65 people from 25 nationalities) and collaborate with lots of smart, like-minded people who love to ship quickly and you get to know the space of visual AI. Watch this video to learn more about our engineering organization - a tech talk given by your future coach/manager at Kaleido.
- You will have a flexible work schedule of 38.5h/week and a no-all-in contract. Work remotely, from our office located in Vienna's 3rd district, or mix-and-match. We can easily find an option that works best for you and Kaleido.
- We care about our employees and we believe mental health should be a priority, just like taking care of our bodies and staying in shape. We provide mental health support through an online platform specialized in professional counseling.
- Your lunch and your commute with Wiener Linien are on us. You can also find unlimited snacks, coffee, and beverages in our office.
- You receive a yearly allowance for professional education & personal well-being as well as additional leave days for volunteering.
- We organize regular (international) events at the company & team levels to foster team bonding.
We are required by law to state the minimum salary for this position , which is at least EUR 54,000 gross per year. We pay competitive salaries - depending on your qualifications and experience - and you also get to participate in the company’s stock option program .
We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Join us and design your future.