Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Growth & Impact team
Canva has been a skills, values and goals driven company since day 1, and we look to embed that deeply within all we do. Key to driving this is our Growth and Impact team responsible for our Impact Experience (Performance Management) and Talent Management programs at Canva.
You'll join our Growth and Impact team to take Canva's Performance and Talent Management processes and programs to the next level. You'll be instrumental in owning and evolving fundamental aspects of the performance management programs and architecting new ones for Talent Management as our company continues to scale globally.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Bringing thought leadership and subject matter expertise on performance, feedback, skills, talent management and development
- Identifying and implementing improvements to optimise performance and development
- Providing leadership supporting Canva's talent management processes including how we think about mobility and succession planning
- Building resources, training content and delivering training sessions to Canvanauts about our performance and talent processes
- Working with our People Technology team to ensure we're using the right tooling to scale our talent and performance processes
- Partnering closely with the Growth & Impact team, the leaders and People Group partners (People Partners, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, People Operations, Total Rewards) to inspire growth and impact that is grounded in Canva's Skills, Goals and Values.
You're probably a match if
- You have strong organisational development experience with subject matter expertise in performance and talent management. (Generalist HR experience ideal)
- You have successfully designed and implemented performance and talent solutions in global organisations with 3000+ people. (Experience in SaaS or heavily technology-enabled business a bonus)
- You excel working both at a strategic and operational level
- You have the ability to adapt best practices to a fast-moving scaling business with a unique culture
- You have a strong curiosity about assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of programs and continuously improving them
- You enjoy training design and delivery
- You are resilient and are comfortable working in ambiguity
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.