Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Canva is used by millions of people every single day. For us, reliability is a feature, and it’s crucial for us to ensure that they can rely on Canva at all times.
You'll be joining the Edge Team, a team within the broader Product Platform Group and is responsible for the front line of our web services, receiving traffic from all over the world and directing them to downstream origin servers. The team plays a critical role in keeping Canva secure and reliable for all users, as well as enabling engineers who work on the Edge platform to be efficient and productive.
At the moment this role is focused on
- Being directly responsible for a team of backend and infra engineers, developing their skills through effective coaching and mentoring
- Providing technical leadership through code reviews, creating and reviewing design documents
- Design and implementing tooling for managing Canva’s Edge setup - domains, certificates, WAF rules and more - and establish frameworks for running code at the edge securely and reliably.
- Identifying best-of-breed approaches to protect our users and Canva's infrastructure and systems.
- Driving the planning and refinement of team projects, ensuring there is alignment across the company, group, and teams.
- Embedding best practices into our development processes, helping improve processes through retrospectives
- Collaborate with engineers and PMs across the business to shape our Edge capabilities
You're probably a match if you have
- Experience in technical people leadership, making sound decisions and delivering outcomes on technical projects
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to break large projects down into smaller ones and deliver on them through others.
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills, both written and verbal.
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns.
Join us to own Canva's Cloudflare layer, ultimately keeping Canva secure and reliable for millions of users.
Please note, this role does require to be on call.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.