Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The Sales Strategy & Operations Sr. Analyst will be a member of the Sales Strategy & Operations team in support of Canva’s continued growth. Sales Strategy & Operations sits within the Sales & Success function that is responsible for driving revenue from Fortune 500 as well as mid-market and SMB companies.
The Sales Strategy & Operations function supports Sales & Success in driving revenue in a scalable and sustainable way, through Incentive design and implementation, run the business reporting and analytics, sales tooling, sales process and enablement. This highly visible role is ideal for a motivated individual who leverages data driven analysis and creative thinking to solve problems. This team member will be expected to develop a deep understanding of Canva’s Sales & Success business drivers and build strong relationships with function, department, and executive leadership to create actionable analysis. In return, this role offers the right candidate the opportunity to help shape the next phase of Canva’s history.
In this role, you will build and own the forecast and revenue cadence (including full funnel metrics). You will analyze monthly business results and own the Sales/ Success component of the monthly business review. You will ensure forecast accuracy within sales, and partner with finance to provide inputs during financial planning.
What you'll do:
- Assist with monthly close, reporting and forecasting, and planning process
- Own sales forecast cadence including building the forecast models, determining probability of close by stage and ensuring pipeline hygiene in Salesforce
- Provide reporting and visibility into stale pipeline and actively monitor pipeline quality, following up with sales and sales leadership to improve
- Define forecast methodology for all segments of the business including AEs and CSMs across ARR, seats and usage metrics
- Conduct full funnel analysis of conversion from top of funnel (leads) to deals closed and renewalsIdentify and understand business trends, and provide commentary in partnership with sales leadership on forecast and pipeline changes
- Determine the most effective and meaningful insights to share during monthly business reviews with sales and cross functional leadership in revenue org
- Documents processes, makes recommendations, and assist in systems/process improvements to enhance overall sales reporting accuracy and speed
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Finance, Economics and/or Accounting or related subject area is required
- Proven experience (~5 years) in Finance, Business Operations or Sales Strategy & Operations in fast growing technology company, especially working closely with Sales and customer success organizations on data/ analytical projects
- Power user of SQL and data visualization.
- Must be very comfortable writing complex queries on large data sets combining Salesforce.com and usage data.
- Must be comfortable on data visualization tools like Looker, Mode or TableauPower user of Excel/ google sheets.
- Deep comfort with using excel formulas to join data and aggregate across multiple sources (e.g. index/match, vlookups, sumifs, countifs, array formulas etc.)
- Ability to present the results of complex analysis across large data sets clearly and effectively to a wide range of business leaders
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com CRM is required, particularly around working with Salesforce.com Opportunity data
- Experience with sales forecasting methodologiesOutstanding analytical/problem-solving skills
- Phenomenal communication skills and able to interact with various stakeholders
- Understanding of the levers which impact business performance
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• Equity packages to truly be a part of the Canva journey
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you
• Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.