Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but in Aotearoa, we have a hub in Auckland that we call home to our local operations. And with that, you have choice in how and where you work. That means if you want to do your thing at our Auckland hub (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team you’ll be joining
Canva would not exist without content. Our templates, photos, fonts, stock media and more play a critical role in empowering our users to design anything and publish anywhere. Our unique content library has far-reaching business impact and is a key driver of our user acquisition, retention and revenue.
The Content Strategy & Insights team’s mission is to build the most valuable content library in the world to inspire our users to create their next design. We work collaboratively across the Content & Discovery Supergroup, to identify & implement opportunities to drive user engagement through content.
We’re searching for an experienced Senior UX Researcher to help us shape the strategic direction of our content library, content user experience, search experience, and creator experience.
Your sphere of ownership covers:
- How our users find and interact with content on Canva
- The value of that content, including what would drive them to upgrade
- The role content plays (or could play) in increasing the use cases of our users
- The biggest opportunities to improve our content library, including gaps
What you’ll do
- Lead high-priority research projects for the Content Strategy & Insights team, to help us better understand our users (current and future), their needs and opportunities
- Apply a mix of qualitative and quantitative methods to analyze user or product data and distill this into written and visual reports.
- Define measurements of success for our content experience, and build out a regular research cadence to assess our product experience over time
- Activate your research, helping product teams apply insights through engaging presentations, workshops, and more
- Build relationships and closely collaborate with your project stakeholders, fellow C&D UX Researchers, and across the Supergroup
- Participate and contribute to our UX Research sub-specialty: own or contribute to special projects, provide feedback to fellow researchers, share your ideas for how we can improve
- Provide consultative guidance to PMs and Designers conducting their own research, within the C&D Supergroup (e.g. office hours)
- Be a champion for our users, and product experience: share your insights publicly across the company and inspire change that needs to be made to improve the Canva user experience.
- Be a role model for the quality of research work we strive for at Canva
- The ideal candidate is a qualitative researcher with 5+ years of experience leading research studies: planning, recruiting, executing, analyzing, and activating. We expect to hear examples of how your research influenced product and design team decision-making.
- You have a solid understanding of primary research methodologies such as interviews, diary studies, participatory design, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and know when these are best used. Additionally, you combine these with data sources like product data, experiments, support tickets to understand user needs holistically.
- You can creatively flex research plans depending on team needs, understanding and clearly communicating trade-offs.
- Strong communication skills
- A bias for action, constantly striving to get things done. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and autonomy.
- A leader who can rally teams and cultures of all kinds, and influence peers across the organisation. You love building relationships that lead to team success and business growth.
We would love you to have, but not essential:
- Experience conducting research for B2B and B2C products
- Experience leading/coordinating international research across multiple cultures and continents.
- Appreciate art and have a ‘design eye’. Perhaps you were formerly a graphic designer, or take photography on the weekends.
- A degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science or a related field
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.