At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a part of the project and design your future.
About the role
We are entering an exciting new phase for our Canva Marketplace, specifically template and element creation where we will enable local designers, educators/teachers and NFPs to publish their own templates and elements for the Canva community to use.
As Canva’s South Korea Community Manager , you will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to introduce Canva to Educators and Creators in South Korea. You will bring them on a journey to fall in love with our brand, our product and the values we stand for.
You’ll be a creative and conscientious community leader with experience engaging and inspiring passionate members of our communities. You thrive building programs from ground zero and the thought of working with a community of educators and creatives excites you! As someone who turns ambiguity into magic, you love big challenges and you’ll do everything you can to help the members of our important communities. You’re a keen problem-solver with the ability to read and understand data. You’re confident to flex your creative and strategic muscles in identifying growth opportunities for your community, while overcoming any obstacles.
Every big idea starts somewhere—you can break down your concepts into turning point moments and match it with measurable critical metrics.
Being confident with running virtual workshops, publishing your events through video post and other social media platforms is critical in this role.
* This is a 12-month opportunity for applicants based in South Korea*
*Please submit your application & resume in English*
What you'll be doing
- Launch Canva's Educator & Creators program in South Korea from ground zero
- Brainstorm and produce engaging content to educate, inspire and entertain our community of teachers creators. This will include video tutorials, webinars, engagement posts, fun design challenges, product launches, case studies, live events, and quirky promotional content
- Develop a content calendar to ensure a constant supply of relevant content in our teacher’s and creators community
- Build relationships and champion the Educator and Creator community
- Host engagement events with the Educator/Creator community and designers
- Manage and develop content for our Creators social media accounts
- Manage a local budget for acquisition, activation and engagements events
- Initiate campaigns to attract new Creators and deepen loyalty
- Work with our creative team to create impactful content that help build a sense of community, educate our user base, or build brand awareness
- Liaise with the other community managers at Canva to align content, tone of voice and branding across individual social media profiles in selected international markets
- Enable local designers, educators/teachers and NFPs to publish their own templates and elements for the Canva community to use
- Create monthly insights reports and keep track of KPIs to analyze content performance across the Canva communities on Facebook.
What we're looking for
- You are located in South Korea, and fluent in written and spoken English & Korean
- You are mission-driven and a natural leader and connector, with a track record of engaging audiences both online and offline, building or sharing organic/user generated content on social media which has supported the growth of a community
- You have a great ability to “read the room,” and can excite and unite a community around new ideas
- You get things done with positive energy and a can-do attitude, thriving with ambiguity
- You've engaged communities via events, partnerships, outreach and online, leading large Facebook groups, ideally for a local brand
- You have an established network of creatives and/or teachers (not required, but nice to have)
- You are a natural problem-solver and have the ability step into other people’s shoes and understand their underlying concerns and issues, resolving problems with a sense of urgency to make others feel that the concerns they have are valid.
- Perhaps you have been a graphic designer or an educator yourself and have a curiosity about applying your knowledge and network connections into a community role.
- You have a passion for Canva, have used and love of our product!
We make decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.