Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About Review Operations
As Canva’s reach continues to skyrocket, we aim to make Canva the go-to place for all design needs on the web. This involves ensuring that the thousands of new photos, graphics and videos that are uploaded to the Canva library every week, receive a quality assurance review and inspection.
It is critical that all the beautiful content that is being created and uploaded to Canva every single day by our teams, Creators and partners, is consistently reviewed and inspected for visual and technical quality. This is the cornerstone of providing a world class, safe Element library for all Canva users.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Quality Lead to guide all our Elements review efforts - someone with incredible organizational skills, a self-starter who loves responsibility and has a passion for operations and project management. This role allows the Review Operations Team to function smoothly and supports the Elements Quality Team in hitting their project goals efficiently and effectively.
If you’d love the opportunity to contribute to Canva, join us!
About the Role..
- As the Quality Lead for Elements Review, you will:
- Coach and lead a team of Reviewers who review photos, graphics, videos, stickers and other resources submitted to the Canva library, for their visual and technical quality;
- Forecast team capacity, define roles and responsibilities, hire, onboard and offboard Reviewers, where required;
- Ensure visual and technical quality for Canva’s Element library is exceptional and constantly improving;
- Own, develop and maintain visual and quality guidelines and standards for submissions to the Canva Element library;
- Provide expertise in content moderation and maintain high standards for safety and quality of the Canva Element library;
- Work closely with Creators and Visual Content teams to identify areas of opportunity for submission growth or improvement;
- Identify areas that require training, workshops and education for Creators and partners, to minimise rejections and improve overall quality of submissions;
- Support and empower the Review Team by providing knowledge sharing sessions (technical, learning related, soft skills related, etc) and assist Reviewers with troubleshooting and process issues;
- Provide performance reporting and metrics to the Element Review Team, sub-group and Super Group;
- Own the Review Operations Quality team roadmap and goal setting process;
- Liaise with Product and Engineering team to ensure review tooling and workflows are maintained and operating efficiently for scale;
- Work closely with Operations Lead for Review and Review Operations Leads to continuously improve the review process and help build a successful and efficient Review Operations Team.
You’ll love this job if …
- You are passionate about people leadership and are driven by setting up and leading high-performing teams
- You love operational challenges
- You obsess about organisation and efficiency
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes
- You enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges
- You geek out about photography, design and digital media
- You are technically savvy and love to consume all forms of media and content
We’d love it if you …
- Have experience leading a large team; coaching, mentoring and training
- Efficiently deliver output, maintain cadences, and streamline processes
- Have great interpersonal skills and enjoy fostering relationships with creatives and support teams
- Have prior project management experience
- Have an eye for visual aesthetics and foundational design principles
- Possess exceptional organizational skills (self-organized) with a passion for improving systems and processes
- Have great attention to detail
- Have significant knowledge of design fundamentals (composition, color, style, etc.)
- Have a stylistic quality assurance approach and a keen understanding of what makes good content based on design fundamentals and principles
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.