Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Canva’s SEO is world class, and we’re looking for a dedicated SEO Lead to join the core SEO team to help scale our next phase of product-led growth!
As an SEO Leader, you’ll have the opportunity to be an integral part of Canva’s global SEO strategy from start to scale. You’ll be working closely with a team of SEO specialists across English and localised markets, as well as cross-functional product teams in rallying towards daring growth goals.
You’ll thrive and adapt in a hyper-growth environment, and you’re confident making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience. You have a curiosity for problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements.
What you'll do:
- Own SEO growth for high priority product verticals, as well as seeking alignment and partnership with internal team members
- Lead and guide a team of cross-functional SEO specialists across our key SEO platforms to drive sessions toward these key verticals.
- Work closely with PMs, engineers, designers, other SEOs, and data analysts to drive Product SEO from planning, execution through to analysis and reporting
- Set clear Product SEO goals, critical metrics and requirements to define and measure what success looks like
- Educate and evangelize your vertical’s SEO strategies and plans so everyone is across standard methodologies across the business
- Keep abreast of industry trends, standard methodologies, and algorithms changes to inform SEO strategies and tactics, and identify new growth opportunities
- Partner with our Ops specialty leads to scale and improve existing workflows and processes, with a focus on automation and efficiency
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of in-house experience with a record of growing Product SEO (bonus if you can demonstrate clear growth outcomes from any vertical or market category focused SEO strategies)
- A natural leader and communicator, with exceptional experience rallying an SEO team alongside other tech specialties from design to engineering toward common growth goals
- A deep understanding of how SEO works across all key English and International markets, and social networks such as YouTube
- A well-rounded SEO who is comfortable working in cross-functional teams in a hyper-growth environment
- You have excellent analytical skills and are comfortable using data to guide your decision making
- You have deep knowledge in all aspects of SEO from content strategies to technical audits
- You are comfortable with documentation to define SEO strategies and technical SEO requirements
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Dragon Metrics, Screamingfrog and Deepcrawl
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.