Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About this role
Canva is seeking an experienced and motivated Workplace Integrity specialist to join its Global Workplace Integrity team. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting investigations into workplace issues, handling protected whistleblowing disclosures, and will play a key role in partnering with key stakeholders to analyse and evaluate processes, as well as develop solutions to organisational integrity-related issues, such as Respect@Work, DE&I strategy and psychosocial risk management initiatives.
What you'll do
- Champion efficient and effective policy and compliance initiatives to support Canva’s organsational goals and culture related to workplace integrity related matters
- Assist in defining and developing Canva’s integrity-related policy and compliance objectives and strategies
- Assist in managing Canva’s compliance related projects such as Respect@Work developments and psychosocial risk management initiatives, as well as the implementation of any recommendations
- Partner with other teams to create and implement compliance training for employees and leaders in relation to integrity related matters
- Develop and operationalise a systematic approach to capturing feedback to inform how we iterate or improve our processes, policies and/or compliance, including via Canva’s Speak Up program
- Conduct investigations into workplace issues in accordance with company policy and legal requirements
- Handle protected whistleblower disclosures, including providing advice (as necessary) and guidance to employees and management in relation to protections and obligations
- Review and evaluate our current state of play to proactively identify inefficiencies and gaps, leading subsequent improvement initiatives and programs end to end
- Analyze the success of policies and programs implemented by creating key success metrics and reporting/review cycles
- Partner with teammates around the world to drive global alignment in policies and localise compliance requirements to the laws and regulations of each region
- Support Canva’s global DE&I initiatives
What we're looking for
- A minimum of 4 years proven experience in a similar role, ideally with in-house experience in a tech organisation
- Strong understanding of employee relations, employment law and/or workplace-related issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with employees and management at all levels
- Capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively, you will be effective at juggling and multiple competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent technical ability and proven experience partnering with or advising HR teams and other key stakeholders on workplace investigations and other integrity related matters
- A skilled communicator and you have confidence and experience translating complicated legal concepts into practical solutions to guide stakeholders
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and make a real impact on Canva’s workplace integrity initiatives. If you have a passion for ensuring a fair and respectful workplace and are looking to take the next step in your legal career, we encourage you to apply.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.