Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
The People Systems team supports the evaluation, implementation, administration, and ongoing innovation of the technology stack across our hire to retire value stream. With Workday as our foundational HRIS, our team is solving some of Canva’s biggest challenges by automating our processes to allow our Canvanauts to do their best work at a place they love. We strive to be integrated with the People strategy, so we can realize our vision of being the best company in the world.
We strive to ensure our systems and processes are set up to scale, balance risk, and security to enable a robust control environment, while allowing the business to grow and move fast to achieve its goals. As the People Systems Lead, you will become an integral part of the People leadership planning motion, influencing decisions with technology recommendations that enable scale and efficiency.
You will set the people systems strategy and data vision, and develop a roadmap for the People platform that is aligned by People, IT, Finance and Data. You will also drive adoption and deployment of automation and advance integration strategy to uplift operational effectiveness.
What you'll do:
- Drive the People Systems roadmap, understand the dependencies, and ensure alignment with the overall Canva technical architecture, and be a true partner to the People group to support execution against their long term goals
- Provide system expertise and best practices in leading evaluation, development, maintenance and implementation of new systems and enhancements, upgrades and releases for existing applications
- Lead the team of technology specialists, and business analysts to ensure service delivery, compliance, risk mitigation and mature change management
- Build a highly effective and efficient team through hiring of quality talent, mentorship of capable team members, and implementation of scalable methodologies and processes
- Responsible for planning and delivery of all aspects of multiple projects to ensure alignment with the business, technology strategy, and customer needs
- Support our internal operations groups to define and recommend best in class business process improvements that our systems can scale efficiently.
What you'll bring:
- Extensive experience in multi-platform technology environments built in contemporary business settings including SaaS technologies and API integrations
- Technical expertise in Enterprise HRIS and People Systems (such as Workday, PeopleSoft, SAP SuccessFactor)
- Exceptional functional understanding of core People (HR) processes and operating model
- Consistent record of building teams through effective hiring and implementation of methodologies that enable secure systems at scale
- Proven problem solving skills with a passion for efficiency, automation and process improvement. Diagnose a problem or gap, identify solutions and lead correction efforts
- Able to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), and synthesise lots of people technology to come up with solutions with tangible impact
- Able to adapt to different situations, spots opportunities to change or evolve a process or solution as needed
- Champion in applying ITIL framework and Agile/Scrum practices.
This role is based in Sydney and open to remote applicants within Australia and New Zealand.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.