Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
Our Total Rewards programs play a key role in our mission to build the world’s best team. They allow us to attract, recognise, and retain incredible team members, who care about living our values and having a tremendous impact by using their skills to achieve our huge goals.
The Total Rewards team is responsible for working on some of Canva’s most impactful operational goals. We’re focused on boosting Canva’s effectiveness and engagement with an eye on profitability and scale through the design and implementation of unique Reward and Benefits programs.
About the role
A champion of Canva's values, you’ll work closely with Reward teammates, Business Leads, People Partners, Talent Acquisition and more to design, evolve, and deliver new and existing programs. You’ll play a big role in setting and operationalising the reward strategy and designing solutions that improve employee experience and business performance.
You'll be part of and lead a team of Reward Partners laying critical Reward groundwork. An experienced individual who thinks strategically, you will be responsible for implementing and recommending changes to compensation and benefits programs, providing advisory for both compensation and benefits. You are a true people person and are skilled at building relationships, partnering with, and influencing diverse collaborators and enjoy solving problems with a collaborative and solution driven approach. You balance your people skills with a sharp attention to detail and an affinity for data and balance these two skill sets to communicate and influence a variety of stakeholders across the business. You will lead a small team with the prospect of growing coaching responsibilities as we scale.
What you'll do
- Lead implementation for new and existing programs from end to end including: analysis, stakeholder engagement, project management, communications, and change management
- Partner with leaders to understand org design changes and proactively identify necessary adjustments that will enhance the job architecture and its governance
- Leverage knowledge of market dynamics to tie Canva’s jobs to the external market and annually review structures to manage salary and equity compensation
- Drive the execution of Canva’s reward cycle from communication to leadership through execution of outcomes in partnership with Reward team and HR Ops
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to enable a smooth partnership and fair and consistent review of offers
- Be a coach and mentor to members of the team.
What we're looking for
- Extensive experience in the reward field and a deep understanding of total reward and the role it plays in attracting and retaining talent.
- Passionate about rewards and the impact it can make on our employee attraction and retention strategy
- Motivated not only by building and completing Reward programs, but by being a key point of contact for the business and playing a critical role in building vital relationships to educate and inspire our teams.
- Experience prioritising, leading and tracking multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to work autonomously in a collaborative, high-growth environment.
- A real people-person. Someone who can communicate well with team members from all across the business at many different levels, and enjoy it!
- Truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow in the role.
- Thrive on building programs from the ground up. from design through implementation and ongoing execution, and have experience setting up scalable systems to support a growing global workforce
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.