Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team
The Finance Group’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its stakeholders. That means we empower every team within the company to work quickly and autonomously, while at the same time maintaining compliance in all areas.
As a fast-growing group, we’ve only scratched the surface of the insights we can provide, and our potential to influence Canva’s strategic decisions.
The vision is for Canva to be recognized and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class Finance Group.
What does the Corporate Accounting team do...
The mission of the Corporate Accounting team is to ensure that financial information withstands external scrutiny in compliance with all local regulations and standards. We are the gatekeepers of externally reported financial information and as the Canva business grows, we are exposed to a broader range of accounting regulations and reporting requirements.
We currently have team members in Sydney and Manila and are looking to continue scaling the team! With growing operations across the world in multiple jurisdictions, we are looking for a Financial Reporting Accountant who can expand our local financial reporting processes and assist in bridging the gap between IFRS and the respective local GAAPs.
What you’ll do:
- Be an owner of the preparation of annual statutory requirements of various subsidiaries and ensure complete, accurate, and timely submission of financial statements to local regulators.
- Be a significant contributor to the team’s overall audit readiness: implementing process improvements, applying local accounting standards, and finding opportunities for subsidiaries.
- Make complex things simple: apply technical accounting experience and research skills to understand the local GAAP implications and support the Regional Accounting Team in identifying and maintaining the local GAAP differences.
- Handle external advisors for complex local GAAP positions and communicates the accounting implications to the wider accounting group.
- Support external audits by providing audit requirements from various sources as needed.
- Work closely with other finance teams and Sydney Head Office: providing accounting advice and support to the core accounting team, regional accounting team, and tax team
Who we are looking for:
- Expert in their craft: Have a solid technical background and can apply this to the commercial realities of a high-growth environment. Someone who is adaptable and has a strong appetite for learning things and applying new knowledge.
- An investigator: Someone who enjoys navigating complex topics, thrives on problem-solving, and can effectively communicate accounting concepts to various stakeholders.
- A team player: Enjoy collaborating and rallying the team towards achieving its goals and are always willing to lend a hand to your colleagues for the collective good.
We would love it if you had:
- 2-4 years of relevant accounting in either a professional services environment or in-house role with audit and financial reporting exposure
- Practical experience supporting multiple clients, jurisdictions, and regulations including IFRS and GAAP
- CA qualified or equivalent qualification;
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Solid experience in a similar industry or high-growth company
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.