Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The Marketplace Discovery engineering team create the core Marketplace experience, built features that help users quickly and efficiently find what they need. As we grow we're evolving Marketplace features for new modes of discovery and interaction.
As an Engineering group we take pride in our focus on engineering fundamentals, striving to use the most appropriate tools for the tasks at hand, and to strike a measured balance between getting things done and long term maintainability. We share knowledge and new ideas through regular group-wide Show and Tells, Speciality Frontend Forums and smaller team sessions with colleagues.
Our focus on fundamentals ensures our frontend code base is consistently being improved and optimised so new features can be implemented easily. When a new feature is being built, engineers review each other’s code; this ensures that knowledge is shared and it doesn’t need to be reworked. You can find more about our engineering practices in this blog article.
- Collaborate with product designers to build next-generation web applications with a focus on an extraordinary user experience
- Build efficient and reusable front end abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Communicate with other team members to craft the best solutions to difficult problems
- Help to identify and communicate standard practices and methodologies for front end engineering
- Interact with our backend systems
Your application should demonstrate
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML/CSS/JS for millions of users
- Intimate knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Computer science fundamentals
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.