Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but in Aotearoa, we have a hub in Auckland that we call home to our local operations. And with that, you have choice in how and where you work. That means if you want to do your thing at our Auckland hub (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers, and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
About the Developer Platform Group
The Developer Platform group at Canva is responsible for the tools, processes, and services that allow engineers to develop, test and deploy their code to production efficiently, safely, and securely.
Our mission is "To forge a delightful ecosystem for engineers at Canva, amplifying their craft and enabling them to ship fast and correctly at scale." Our dream is to empower engineers with a world-class developer experience, so they can focus on meaningful tasks while being supported by a toolset they love and trust. We want them to feel like Formula 1 drivers, backed by the best technology and supported by a skilled Developer Platform pit crew, so they’re empowered to unleash their full potential.
As a Product Manager within the CI Platform team, you'll be responsible for a critical part of the developer experience for all Canvanaut engineers, ensuring that we continue to enable engineers to ship high-quality products to our production environments without compromising security, quality, and reliability expectations that our users have from Canva. Our CI system handles millions of builds that build and verify our Canva monorepo which hosts the whole application codebase.
What you'll do
- Define the vision and strategy for Canva's CI platform that helps engineers meet their security, compliance, and regulatory obligations, minimise developer friction and improve their overall efficiency
- Drive Canva's adoption of various CI Platform offerings to maximise its leverage and return on investment
- Maintain regular, transparent communications between Canva engineers and the CI Platform team
- You'll have a deep passion for solving engineers' problems, ultimately accelerating Canva's hyper-ambitious goals
- You're deeply passionate about understanding and improving the developer experience to accelerate Canva's engineers safely
- You thrive in environments where you're enabling others to do great things by doing great things yourself
- You're an excellent communicator! You can tailor how you speak about developer efficiency and high-performance engineering teams when working across different specialties and parts of the business to drive significant outcomes
- You're great at balancing long-term vision and strategy with regularly delivering impactful outcomes that bring us closer to that vision
- You're comfortable moving forward even if we don't have all the information available to us, balancing first-principles reasoning with the data that we do have at hand
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.