Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About User Voice:
Our Vision is "Every user empowered, every voice heard". User Voice is our critical interface to our most valuable partners, our users. We want to ensure that they have a flawless experience while using Canva products as we scale our way to support 1 billion users. User Voice is responsible for customer happiness and their ability to get help, as well as providing clear insights to improve user experiences.
As an Engineer in this team you will:
- Your day to day activities will consist of solution design and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and functionality to our customers all over the world.
- Developing and iterating on technical proposals – outlining how solutions will be structured and developed.
- Developing solutions you’ve designed from the ground up through to deployment into production.
- Identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks within the application and broader infrastructure.
- Participating in design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews.
- Performance debugging, benchmarking and building awesome things in general.
- You will be at home working in our core technology environment - our core stack is TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Ability to write performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.