Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We’re looking for a Creative Lead who can coach a team of designers who work across multiple squads in Launch Crew. The aim of this role is to get the best out of our growing team in Manila and to align with the overall global strategy of Launch Crew and Sales & Success. On top of coaching a team, you will be hands-on and support team projects that are assigned to you from your Team Lead and Creative Lead, helping each squad achieve their goals while Launch Crew continues to grow and scale.
You will work closely with the Launch Crew Leads to understand roadmaps and ensure our content evolves and leverages new features.
What you’d be doing in this role
- Excited about leading people. Setting creative direction and empowering your team to do the best work of their lives.
- Comfortable driving change. Through the team and able to collaborate with Canvanauts across the business.
- Enjoys owning design projects and being on the tools. The successful candidate will understand Canva inside out and be tasked to work on the tools and offer creative support. They will move to where the work is and help build creative content where needed.
- Organize effectively. This person is a master at time management, thinking ahead to solve potential future blockers and understands how to make complex situations simple.
- Be the go-to person for Launch Crew Manila related questions. This person is a natural problem-solver, using their knowledge of creative software applications and design principles to solve design-led questions. This person should be comfortable with a level of ambiguity.
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholders. Communication skills are key. This person will need to be able to communicate clearly and work with internal and external parties.
- Future thinker on how to maximize outputs. This person will come up with evolved ideas to get the best out of our offering and our squad.
- Nurture a team based in Manila that forms part of a global team. This role comes with five to six coachee lines. The Creative Lead will ensure the culture and attitudes of each coachee aligns to The Canva Way and directly impacts our deliverables.
You're probably a match if
- You are using your expertise to work with internal and external teams to deliver feedback with accuracy and empathy. You will be developing content and briefs that will help Launch Crew’s success.
- You work with the Design Ops and Leadership team to make sure jobs are completed on time and to the quality standards set out by Launch Crew.
- You provide feedback to team members with sensitivity and integrity, helping them grow and develop their skills
- You can work closely with Sales & Success and the Growth Supergroup to ensure that our content evolves with our partners and customers and encourage our team in Launch Crew to make phenomenal designs
- You practice what you preach! Be on the tools and show the team first hand how it is done. Be a master within Canva and help out on projects where you can
- You can do knowledge sharing - you will be driving research best practice sessions. As well as sharing visual design inspiration and creative insights with your team
- You ensure the team build assets with usability requirements in mind
- You produce and integrate effective creative processes and practices
- Launch Crew have some seriously big growth goals, so you’ll be working with Launch Crew Leadership to continue to nurture and drive the team as we continue to scale.
- A proven track record as a Creative lead, working across diverse content
- Experience leading a small to medium sized team of creatives, and providing support and development to junior and senior designers
- Excellent experience in dealing with clients, managing workflows and dealing with traffic managers daily
- Must have: Proficiency in visual design software including Adobe Creative Suite
- (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Google Slides, Powerpoint
- Must have: Proficiency in the building and executing of brand kits, including core elements around logo usage, color, typography, and brand assets
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for crafting high quality and diverse content
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes
- Encouraged: High competency in Canva
About the team
Launch Crew is the design team behind Sales & Success, creating on-brand templates for our many global partners that use Canva for their organisation. Designing to support the Sales & Success team to win the hearts and minds of larger organisations is this team’s specialty and forms an exciting bridge between our many clients and their success on Canva. We visualise how a customer’s brand works in Canva, support new and expansion customers with template builds and empower the customer with designer empowerment training to make sure they can do the best designs of their life - it’s the Canva way! Launch Crew contributes directly to Canva’s business success by helping acquire, retain and grow businesses on the platform.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead - Chen Zhang Santos has to say about working in Design at Canva -
"I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.