Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but we have a swanky new office in London that has all the bells and whistles. Even though you'll find us in Shoreditch, you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
When you join our team in the UK, you'll also be joining forces with Flourish, who were acquired by us in 2022. Flourish enables everyone to change the way they tell stories with data by creating rich, animated data visualizations and other interactive content that can be embedded anywhere - including in Canva!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Please note for this role we may be able to consider candidates from outside of the UK - ideally in Europe or the US.
Pexels & Canva
Pexels became part of the Canva family of brands in 2019 after being recognized by Canva’s founders as an incredible source for high quality free imagery. Pexels images can easily be found directly within Canva, amplifying the Pexels community by having their work seen, loved and used by millions of Canva designers around the world. While Pexels is owned by Canva, the Pexels team operates as a separate business unit with some areas of work and projects overlapping.
Pexels is one of the biggest, most loved and fastest growing creative communities in the world. We give photographers a huge audience and help millions of creators to easily source the content they require to create beautiful products and designs. Pexels is one of the most upvoted products of all time on Product Hunt. Among our millions of users are people from the greatest brands and companies in the world like Forbes, Buzzfeed and Facebook.
Our mission is creative freedom: free and unrestricted access to all the creative ingredients that the world needs to build amazing things!
- We’re looking for a Global Community Manager (expansion) to help us scale our community efforts across the world. This person will play a crucial role in our localization efforts by jumpstarting local communities, country by country.
- An ideal candidate will work digitally (and sometimes physically) to connect creatives over their passion for photography. Our new CM should be someone planning to take our community to the next level. This could be reimagining current go-to-market strategies, establishing cohort based onboarding and whatever other creative strategies you can dream up.
- We're looking for someone who is a unique mix of strategist and creative—a dreamer and a doer.
- Research and gain a deep knowledge of your assigned geographic markets including local needs, trends and market dynamics.
- Recruit new community members, collaborate with local photography groups and locate influential photographers in key markets to grow our local user base.
- Execute on current strategies and playbooks, but tweak and iterate on the plan as you learn. Experimentation is heavily encouraged.
- Create engaging localized programming such as events and photo challenges to get members interacting with each other and our platform.
- Support core members as they plan and host their in-person meet-ups.
- Work with translators to translate key messaging and other copy when needed.
- Identify and implement ways to improve our product so that our photography community can better engage with each other on Pexels.
- Proactively work cross-functionally and collaborate often with other departments including: marketing, social, engineering, data, SEO, curation.
- 5+ years of community building experience with a focus on growth, retention and engagement.
- A passion for building communities along with an interest (or preferably experience) in photography.
- Attention to detail, a collaborative spirit and an energized work ethic.
- A proven track record in marketing/community with responsibility for developing content and programming that drives measurable audience growth and engagement.
- Passion for visual content and storytelling. You can bring our brand values to life.
- Data focused with an ability to monitor, analyze, and interpret metrics and turn those insights into new opportunities.
- Self-starter who can be decisive and work autonomously.
- Experience managing online communities (on Slack, Facebook, etc.). Bonus points if you've built a community from zero or belong to a user generated content marketplace/community.
- Strong writing skills and fluent English (written and spoken)
Ready to apply?
Include a cover letter and tell us why you are right for this role!
Bonus points if you include a brief case-study on a community building project or program you’ve done, that you’re most proud of.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.