Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Being a foundational member of the data team - building out and coaching a team of data specialists, including BI Analysts, Data Analysts and Analytics Engineers.
- Owning and uplifting data governance and integrity across Finance, especially as Canva continues to scale and grow
- Developing and implementing a strategy that enables best practice data pipelines to surface the required data and insights.
- Empowering the data capability and literacy across the Finance group, with a view to drive the team to self-serve data needs.
- Owning and reporting on key metrics, including development of and maintenance of dashboards for the team’s initiatives.
- Closely collaborating with senior team members and taking the initiative to keep things moving - identifying the opportunities where the team can make the largest impact and see it through.
- Owning projects, data models, dashboards, and other artefacts and keeping them up-to-date and high quality in a hyper-growth environment.
You're probably a match if:
- You have experience leading data and/or cross functional teams.
- You work with subscription-based data sets.
- You’ve got exceptional proficiency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery, as well as experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines is a plus!
- You have proven commercial competence and experience working with finance teams and executives. A finance related qualification such as CA, CFA or MBA is a huge plus, but not required.
About the team
Finance at Canva is responsible for both connecting company strategy to group planning and execution as well as connecting performance cycles and modelling to the business. Supporting the group Chief Finance Officer (CFO), the Finance team is on a critical path to ensure Canva transitions successfully from a start-up to a large scale organisation, supporting billions of users across the globe.
With increasing regulatory, compliance and investor reporting requirements, as well as complex forecasting and accounting processes, you’ll be responsible for growing our embedded data capability within Finance. As the Data Lead, your role is own thethe development of data capabilities to support the Finance team across three key pillars: forecasting, reporting, and accounting.
As the Finance’s data specialist, you will also partner with internal Finance customers, including investor relations, tax and legal teams. Your excellent commercial and technical acuity will be relied upon to effectively communicate with collaborators - you will ideally speak the language of finance and act as a translator between Finance, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and the wider data and engineering community.
This role will rely on your particular strengths in building out data-driven decisions, communicating closely with collaborators, and organising your fellow data team members such that the data attitude in this space is highly proactive.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.