Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Team
You will be part of the Canva Creative Team within our Marketing Group and have the opportunity to work with other teams at Canva. Your role will be focused within our Production Studio and your work foster collaborative working within the team and support all that happens in the Studio.
Our team Mission is “to become the most loved brand in the world”. The Canva Creative team delivers brand assets, communications and advertising campaigns that are consistently, magically and unmistakingly Canva. We believe that everyone, everywhere, deserves the opportunity to create amazing designs – whatever their financial position or experience level.
That's why we're building the world's most inclusive design platform. Because we believe in... Design is for everyone.
About the Role
We are looking for an Studio Coordinator who can help support our Producers and Production Lead manage our Studio to help make sure everything runs seamlessly. This role will be doing everything from setting up and managing our studio bookings, equipment, props, as well as making sure all shoots are well organized and supported through proper documentation and file management. You will be the ‘glue’ that enables our Producers and Creatives to do their work in Pre, during and Post Production of a project. You’re a stickler for detail, incredibly organised and a great communicator with a bias for effective and efficient problem solving.
What you’ll do
- Manage the physical Studio including managing the booking calendar and any communications for conflicts, helping to resolve them
- Ongoing gear maintenance and implementation of a quality check out system
- Supporting organization of our Studio supplies, including management of our prop and costumes. Help catalogue everything we have on hand and maintain.
- Supporting the Producers and team keeping the supportive paperwork organized, including: contracts, releases and keeping our usage tracker up to date
- Supporting the Post Production Manager and team with file management and tidy up between Google Drive, Frame.io, Monday.com and cloud based storage systems (Lucid Link)
- Assisting producers for Shoots on location and at Canva studio
- Assistance in the creation and delivery of Production documents for mid- to large-tier shoots, e.g. Callsheets
- Responsible for communicating with Canva producers and occasionally creative teams
What we're looking for
- 2-3 years professional experience in Creative Agency or Production organisations
- Experience in Creative & Project Management Tools such as Monday, Slack, Frame.io & Canva
- Self-driven, organised, detail-oriented, and able to multitask
- An enthusiastic doer with experience working in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, environment
- Bias for action, ability to take in new inputs and execute with confidence.
- Solid organisation and people skills, with the ability to help problem-solve, communicate clearly and work in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience assisting small to large shoots a plus
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.