Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the role and team
We created Canva with the mission of empowering the world to design – and this means having content and experiences that represent the unique and vibrant world around us. To achieve our goal of building a truly local product & marketplace, we are looking for a Talent Acquisition Partner to partner with Country & Creative Leads across 20 locations across the globe to guide, support and educate them on Talent Acquisition as you work to build out their teams.
This role will find you responsible for finding the best creative talent across APAC, Europe, Middle East and LATAM. You'll develop meaningful relationships with design, creative and marketing internal partners to understand Canva’s continually evolving organisations. You will own the contingent workforce (contractors and freelancers) hiring efforts for designers, creative leads, photographers, copywriters, illustrators, marketers and other specialised roles within our creative, design and marketing teams.
You'll develop creative recruiting strategies whilst focussing on global sourcing, diversity hiring, and innovative approaches to passive candidate engagement. You will be passionate about delivering an exciting candidate experience and act as the primary advocate for candidates leading them through the recruiting and interviewing process, connecting them to the magic of working at Canva!
This is currently a 6-month contract position.
What You'll Do:
- Leading end-to-end recruitment processes for Design contingent workforce roles. Supporting and enhancing creative advertising & sourcing strategies to engage high-quality contingent workforce candidates in a time-sensitive manner.
- Sourcing: You will be responsible for developing and completing innovative sourcing strategies that deliver the strongest results and make sure we’re bringing top talent into the design teams.
- Hire the best globally: Your focus will be on hiring quality candidates with agility and speed, often in countries where we’ll be hiring within for the first time, and so research and quickly understanding unique hiring cultures will be a must.
- Partner with internal hiring leads: You will work closely with your hiring managers to gain a deep understanding of how each role fits into Canva, empowering them on high standards of hiring within the contractor and freelancer recruitment space, whilst offering strategic talent recommendations and driving consistency at every point
- Obsess about candidate experience: At Canva we care deeply about our People. Our candidate experience isn’t anything different. You can effectively share the Canva story, vision and culture and act as a brand ambassador.
- Data-motivated and solution-orientated: You are always trying to improve our hiring process and always think with a data-first and solution-orientated approach to drive better processes, experiences, and clarity for yourself and the wider team
Who You'll Be:
- Proven experience in a fast-paced recruitment role with a successful track record of hiring top design and creative talent.
- You have a love and understanding of culture, language and an awareness of cross-cultural differences.
- You’ve built out hiring processes from scratch, worked with teams that are hiring for the first time and have used your ability to think strategically to build collaborative partnerships, where stakeholders lean on you for your expertise in contingent hiring.
- You value diversity and take pride in forming a team that brings together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expressions.
- You’re an independent, adaptable and highly motivated Recruiter who loves what you do. You’re able to get into the details and deliver quality results on time. You’re a wearer of many hats and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time.
- You’re creative (and know that job adverts and LinkedIn are not the only channels for headhunting candidates). You love to research and understand that the art of sourcing is always evolving. You get stuck into various platforms, technology tools, social networks and databases to uncover the best talent in the world.
- You have the ability to use our product, culture and mission of Canva to attract the right candidates.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.